FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Remembrance Day 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On this Remembrance Day 2010, fondest memories of my grandfather Vance Webster and my dad William V.H. Webster... may you both rest in peace and may we soon find the lasting peace you fought for.

If you can, take a moment at 11:00 am to reflect on what our veterans mean to us. All the best to our veterans, active service members and their families.

[Image: Dad_grandad5.jpg]
My grandfather, Peter Patraniuk, was in the Navy during WWII...

a quick search from google, and from legion magazine's Last Post,

PATRANIUK Peter Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve World War 2 Thunder Bay, Ontario 2005 November/December 2005
Indeed, remember this day and never forget what others have sacrificed for us.

NefCanuck
For those that had the day off, I hope you went out and did something for remembrance day.

My brother in law leaves for his 4th tour to Afghanistan in January. Right after his 1st son is born. My sister is due in January. Come home safe brotha!
4 of my great-grandfathers were in WWII
I made sure that everyone in my area was dead silent for our minutes of silence. Eyeshots convey quite the message. LOL

My Mom's Dad was Irish Regiment (artillery) and my Dad's Dad was Signals (Queens York Rangers).

My buddy across the road from me just left for a tour to Afghanistan, back in May. I hope for his safety each time I leave to go to work in the morning.
(11-12-2010, 10:41 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]4 of my great-grandfathers were in WWII

You guys lost a lot of people in WWII, 15% of the population gone. Crazy.
^^Exactly. From 8.8 million to 10.7 soldiers.
It was a win but with what cost?