FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: You Know It's A Recession When....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So apparently we're in a recession.... people losing money, stocks going kaput... it's pretty dire out there.

But don't worry... American fast food chains are coming to the rescue!

Apparently Mighty Taco is now accepting your old gold in exchange for tacos and burritos. Finally, homeless people can exchange their stolen jewelery for more than just drug money..

I just happened to catch the ad on TV this afternoon -- at first I thought it was a new Oliver Jewelery commercial, but instead of dancing chicks, there were burritos...

these may be tough times, but Mighty Taco is there for us.

who's next? GM?
I heard Chrysler will give you a brand new 300 if you bring in 3 pounds of belly button lint and or toe jam.
In all seriousness here is how you know it is a recession I am writing about half a dozen "confirmation of employment letters" a day recently it seems.

I used to do one every week or so for when people who were getting mortgages, which is fine and understandable but now it for EVERYTHING including a snowmobile dealer in Newfoundland who wouldn't sell one of my guys a sled without one.

The WORST example of all was an H&R Block guy who wouldn't even give one of my employees HIS tax return money without a letter.

"Ummmm aren't you looking at a T4 from us as part of doing buddy's taxes?"

ANTHONYD,Mar 13 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:I heard Chrysler will give you a brand new 300 if you bring in 3 pounds of belly button lint and or toe jam.
[right][snapback]282608[/snapback][/right]

Really? I think you're getting ripped off at that price :lol:

NefCanuck
ANTHONYD,Mar 13 2009, 12:28 PM Wrote:I heard Chrysler will give you a brand new 300 if you bring in 3 pounds of belly button lint and or toe jam.
[right][snapback]282608[/snapback][/right]

They still make the 300? I guess is was the Magnum they got rid of.
^^I think it is the Magnum they got rid of, as of 09 models the 300 is still for sale..I don't know anout 2010 models?
With the rate of all the American car models being axed, one must ask the question.........what are the cops going to drive in the future?
You know it's a recession when ...

... you look at your inbox and wonder what happened to all the spam you used to get.
I thought it was funny when my partner got a call from citi-bank about his credit card being 18 days past due, and they cancelled it on him, for that reason. Funny thing is he's been in good standing with them for years, and only had a balance of $500 on the card. :rolleyes:
It's Citi - aren't they bankrupt or close to it?
GM should bury all their cars and stick to what they're good at.... building trucks.
ANTHONYD,Mar 17 2009, 01:34 PM Wrote:GM should bury all their cars and stick to what they're good at.... building trucks.
[right][snapback]282861[/snapback][/right]

+1. I haven't got anything bad to say about the Silverado 1500 4x4 longbox I had when I was on course. OK, it was a bit of a pig on gas :lol: but as a solid truck? It was great.

Maybe if GM DID stick to trucks, they could pull their fat out of the fire?
ANTHONYD,Mar 17 2009, 01:34 PM Wrote:GM should bury all their cars and stick to what they're good at.... building trucks.
[right][snapback]282861[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't say that as some of the GM brands made some great cars like Opel. not to mention the new malibus are not that bad, very quiet and refined... kinda odd saying that though... :huh: