FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tire and rim sizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a 2007 zx5 and it has 16" factory rims with 205/50/16 tires, I have a set of 14" steel rims with 185/65/14 snow tires,

My question is will it make much of a differance in the performance and drive quality with the differents rim size?
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

the only difference the rims would make is due to their weight... that's about it.
also on that size of tire, the speedo will be off by a few km/h. @ 56km/h it reads about 60km/h.
I'm pretty sure 14's won't fit on your 2007

15's only from 2005+ because of bigger brakes on the front
(11-15-2010, 06:11 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure 14's won't fit on your 2007

15's only from 2005+ because of bigger brakes on the front

^^ absolutely correct - your 14" steelies will definitely not fit your car.
Ditto. 15's+ for 2005 and up. 14's will only work on 1st gen, 00 thru 04's.
i thought that looked off, but I thought it was only for the SVTs?
(11-15-2010, 08:23 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]i thought that looked off, but I thought it was only for the SVTs?

Smallest rim size to fit SVT is 16"
I completley forgot about the brakes I noticed the brake size when I bought the car, at least I didn't go and try putting them on there would have been alot of cursing..lol

On that note anyone want the tires?..lol
if ya need some winter wheels shoot me a PM, i have 2 sets of 15" alloys for cheap
PM me the info about the tires and how much you want for em. I may be interested in adding another set to my collection if the price is right.

(maybe I can turn it into a christmas present from my siblings to me Tongue)_
I could be looking for a set of winters for my 2000 SE. ...if the price is right. Smile
Check the FS forum.
(11-20-2010, 06:15 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]I could be looking for a set of winters for my 2000 SE. ...if the price is right. Smile

maybe you should let me know if you want the lights you inquired about before trying to buy something else from me..