FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hey, my car's running rough and is a little clunky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, to fix that we use:

One (1) set of OEM replacement spark plugs
One (1) set of OEM replacement 8mm spark plug wires (Steeda wires are CRAP!)
One (1) OEM replacement coilpack
One (1) driver's side CV/half-shaft
One (1) passenger's side CV/half-shaft
One (1) OEM replacement fuel filter
One (1) K+N drop-in panel filter for the Iceman intake

The end result? The only vibration left in the car is from the engine mounts.

Next up - new winters that don't leak. I haven't had to deal with 4 slow leaks before... it's making me grumpy. Angry
your winter leaking problem is probably due to the factory alloy wheels being used, they tend to corrode and cause leaks....

steel wheels are best for winter wheels, even tho i'm not taking my own advise and i'm rocking a set of 10 holes with snows LOL
Don't forget to oil spray your car people. I do it before the winter and after.
Hmm, we'll see Gordo. I might just get some rims if I can find decent ones.

The Nexens are baffed, tho. Wheelspin on command in the first two gears in the wet. Sad
(11-15-2010, 12:48 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to oil spray your car people. I do it before the winter and after.

OVERKILL Tongue

I do it every 2 years and my car has 0 rust.
Nope, no over kill. My buddy owns an oil spraying shop and that's what they recommend. Packed salt after winter starts to eat your car right after winter time. Plus I get a deal so it fine. But it's always painful to watch when they drill holes in vehicle.
(11-15-2010, 11:31 PM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2010, 12:48 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget to oil spray your car people. I do it before the winter and after.

OVERKILL Tongue

(11-16-2010, 01:26 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no over kill. My buddy owns an oil spraying shop and that's what they recommend. Packed salt after winter starts to eat your car right after winter time. Plus I get a deal so it fine. But it's always painful to watch when they drill holes in vehicle.
(11-15-2010, 11:31 PM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]

OVERKILL Tongue

i seem to keep thinking you're ottawa, am I right? If yes, where's this shop and can I get a deal too? Tongue
(11-16-2010, 01:26 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no over kill. My buddy owns an oil spraying shop and that's what they recommend.

yeah it is, your bud is full of it. every shop ive gone through recommends once a year, which I find is not necessary either. You can go ahead and keep giving him money tho, its your car in the end. Wink

I invite you to find any rust on my car, you wont find any. its been done twice since 2006. The oil is still pooling around in the trunk area, and it was done in 09. Just imagine whats in my door jambs!

Shop I use doesn't drill holes at all. Uses existing drain holes and has special adapters to get into door jambs and other tight places.

Either way, only rustproof if you plan on keeping the car for a while, if you switch cars every 3-5 years, then your just making the next owner happy and not yourself. Waste of money then.
(11-16-2010, 01:29 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]i seem to keep thinking you're ottawa, am I right? If yes, where's this shop and can I get a deal too? Tongue

He's from the GTA. The places that I would recommend are

-Krown at AC in Rockland (Prescott Russel area)
-RustCheck at Luxe Auto Service (Orleans)
-Metropolitan Rust Proofing Inc (Nepean)

These are the ones recommended the most through the Ottawa car clubs from what I gathered.
(11-15-2010, 07:08 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Next up - new winters that don't leak. I haven't had to deal with 4 slow leaks before... it's making me grumpy. Angry

What are you running for rims? My BMW had that issue and I removed the tires, sanded them rim down, repainted, re mounted and never had a leak again.
Thing is is that if you're diligent (Oh okay anal) about cleaning up the oil after the winter season then a fresh application yearly is a must IMO.

NefCanuck
Yeah, I guess so...I dont know too many people putting their car on a hoist and taking a pressure washer with degreaser to their undercarriage though.

I clean out the engine bay almost right away after a oil spray job. well what you can see when the hood is popped open anyways.
(11-16-2010, 03:08 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2010, 01:26 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, no over kill. My buddy owns an oil spraying shop and that's what they recommend.

yeah it is, your bud is full of it. every shop ive gone through recommends once a year, which I find is not necessary either. You can go ahead and keep giving him money tho, its your car in the end. Wink

I invite you to find any rust on my car, you wont find any. its been done twice since 2006. The oil is still pooling around in the trunk area, and it was done in 09. Just imagine whats in my door jambs!

Shop I use doesn't drill holes at all. Uses existing drain holes and has special adapters to get into door jambs and other tight places.

Either way, only rustproof if you plan on keeping the car for a while, if you switch cars every 3-5 years, then your just making the next owner happy and not yourself. Waste of money then.
(11-16-2010, 01:29 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]i seem to keep thinking you're ottawa, am I right? If yes, where's this shop and can I get a deal too? Tongue

He's from the GTA. The places that I would recommend are

-Krown at AC in Rockland (Prescott Russel area)
-RustCheck at Luxe Auto Service (Orleans)
-Metropolitan Rust Proofing Inc (Nepean)

These are the ones recommended the most through the Ottawa car clubs from what I gathered.
(11-15-2010, 07:08 AM)NOS2Go4Me Wrote: [ -> ]Next up - new winters that don't leak. I haven't had to deal with 4 slow leaks before... it's making me grumpy. Angry

What are you running for rims? My BMW had that issue and I removed the tires, sanded them rim down, repainted, re mounted and never had a leak again.

He's a pretty close buddy to scam me like that. He works for his father who has been doing it for over 30 years now.
They don't have to drill holes in the car but for the best effect they really recomend it.
Not to doubt what you've been told Nik, but I was told that with more recent cars the problem was that drilling holes to spray behind the panels actually caused rust to form at these new entryways. As it was described to me it was because the drilling compromised the coating on the steel used and introduced contaminants that would eventually filter down to the lowest point in the car and together with whatever moisture there was, start causing rust. (I'm not sure but I think the anti corrosion treatment at the factory is a zinc based product applied to teh steel during the manufacture)

NefCanuck
^^^good point. Been taking our cars to them since 2003. Everythin has been fine. But I see where you're coming from.
Nate - the factory 15" 5-spoke split-stars. I've got a decent local deal on winters, so we'll see how we do after the install on Thursday.