FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: new here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, my name is david n I was referred here by someone I no who works at ford. I drive a 09 focus ses zx4...LOVE it! Had a 05 focus b4. Don't no what else to write, but could use some help on my just installed angel eyes. How do I remove the day time running lights, and allow the selector switch to use the damn driving lights. If u can get what I'm saying.
(11-17-2010, 04:13 AM)DMac1988 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone, my name is david n I was referred here by someone I no who works at ford. I drive a 09 focus ses zx4...LOVE it! Had a 05 focus b4. Don't no what else to write, but could use some help on my just installed angel eyes. How do I remove the day time running lights, and allow the selector switch to use the damn driving lights. If u can get what I'm saying.

Welcome David - lots of Ford employees and other people associated with Ford on this site.

On early Foci it was easy to disable the DRL by simply removing the relay in the power distribution box (under the hood) ... others changed their system so the DRLs power the fog lights instead, and there is a very simple modification to do that.

But IIRC that mod doesn't work on 09s and up because Ford changed the system and the relay is no longer accessible. Nor is there any fuse available to simply pull.

Unless you're prepared to hack the wiring on your car, I don't believe there is any way to disable or redirect the DRL on your car.
Damn really! Anyway to find out...a way to do it...someone must know a way!!!
Hey good to see you joined the site.
Gonna butt in here, Where is the how to on making the fogs the drl's. That sounds badass.