FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Program FOB to my 2000 Windstar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I know there are a few that have worked on these windstars, so you might be able to help....I got my van used and it never came with a FOB/Keyless entry remote, I have a extra one from my Focus and would like to program it to the Windstar....Power locks yes I do have. I tried the key in the ignition and turning off and on to program it, like the focus but it wont work. Can anybody help me out. Thanks
Have you had the recall on the Windstar for the rear axle checked yet?
unlock the doors, cycle the ignition off to run 8 times, end in the run position the doors should lock/unlock, then press the remote, the locks should unlock/lock and its programed.
(11-22-2010, 12:51 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Have you had the recall on the Windstar for the rear axle checked yet?

I did get the letter, but i have not taken it to Ford yet.

(11-22-2010, 01:54 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]unlock the doors, cycle the ignition off to run 8 times, end in the run position the doors should lock/unlock, then press the remote, the locks should unlock/lock and its programed.

I did try that it didn't work....my front doors do not lock/unlock anymore by pressing the bottom just my side and rear works, not sure if that would anything to do with it.
you still need 2 working key to program 3rd key.

you cannot have 1 key to program 2nd key.
dealer will charge you somewhere around $125.
Did you realize that if the axle is cracked in any way(and ALOT are cracked) they are buying the vehicles back from the customer?
(11-23-2010, 05:35 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]Did you realize that if the axle is cracked in any way(and ALOT are cracked) they are buying the vehicles back from the customer?

Really....Good to know Thanks

(11-23-2010, 01:25 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]you still need 2 working key to program 3rd key.

you cannot have 1 key to program 2nd key.
dealer will charge you somewhere around $125.

I have only one key that has the chip in it....I don't want a third key or second, just to program a keyless entry remote to the Windstar.