FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Gear USA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's a link to the vid if anyone wants to endure it.

Episode 1

Gotta say, its pretty dry and not really funny. You can tell that they don't really bash the car manufacturers.

There's no chemistry with these guys. Tanner is boring unless behind the wheel (even then not very impressive), Farrah is a jackass, and the other guy is just filler.

What this series is missing is:

1. Car guys. Aside from Tanner, these guys don't know cars. The brits are car guys true and through.
2. They read from scripts. The scripts seem very thoroughly combed over to not piss off potential sponsors. The brits are fully funded by the government run BBC. No problems there.
3. Jokes. C'mon people. Its just a car show with dumb stunts; this needs soul. I hate to admit it and I agree that some people think that Tim Allen and Jay Leno would make this show much better.

All in all, this show is just a cheap carbon copy of the BBC series. I've even watched the aussie series of the show and it kicked butt compared to this.
First episode of Top Gear UK was pretty boring as well. These guys need time.
Be happy that we even got this show.
I have a feeling, that like the BBC Top Gear when it first started, they're going to lose the fat guy after the 1st season.

and they should.
I enjoyed it

better than nothing and chemistry takes timeCool
Always blame it on the fat guy......
Here is episode 2:

http://www.history.com/shows/top-gear/vi...lind-drift

It looks like they all will be posted on the History Channel site (and no regional blackout for Canada - Hooray!)

Bob
streetfire.net FTW