FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok guys help me out plz

i have gone throw three sets of bulbs this year. wiring looks good, no water in the lights, i really dont know plz help lol

mike
Are you careful not to touch the glass portion of the bulbs when you put them in? Touching the bulbs will deposit oil on them, which can lead to a significantly shorter life span.
Ditto, don't touch the glass.
i have never touched the glass, i just pulled the light out again and the plastic connector is all brittle and falling apart
(11-30-2010, 10:10 AM)willcann Wrote: [ -> ]i have never touched the glass, i just pulled the light out again and the plastic connector is all brittle and falling apart

Sounds like a heat problem ... may we assume it's the normal stock wattage?

If it is and if it's a brand name bulb and/or you purchased it from a reputable retailer, I'd take it back for a replacement.
I know I used to have problems with Sylvania Silverstar bulbs back when i had my focus. Used to go through almost two sets a month.
Buy stock bulbs....I had problems with all these ultra bright things when I had my stock housings. Finally I just used stock lights and they worked for years until I went to Hella's.
these are stock bulbs i keep blowing
Check the harness in the Hatch. Serious.. you don't want to have the same prob i have currently. Some ppl reported headlights blowing and parklight fuses going as a symptom for my prob.
There could be another issue, just recently had this in my Subaru. All of the sudden it started burning out my bulps here and there, so I had to look into this.
Check the voltage on your battery. If it's putting out more then it should then it's a regulator inside of your alternator. I bought a used alternator of one member and it fixed the issue. My voltage on the battery was normal once again.
Hope this helps.