FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Japanese "highway Racers"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Bosozoku"

"You may remember a while back we took a trip down memory lane…

By that we mean the Shuto Kousoku Doro, or Shutoko for short, over to Yokohama and its dock area Daikoku Futo. Whilst we were there we caught a few glimpses of a few wild cars and the result was this article. We did though make a promise to ourselves that we would be back for more, so not so long ago, we took a trip back down that memory lane and came across something you’d only see in Japan. Kaidou Racers!

As soon as we got into the car park this group of six Kaidou Racers or, Highway Racers were packed off to one side. To say that they stuck out was an understatement. The huge front ‘lip’ extensions, bonnet extensions, oil coolers hanging out the front and not to mention the wild fenders with equally wild deep dish rims set off these cars like nothing we had seen before! And look how low they are!

In the pack, we spotted a GX70 Soarer, GX71 Cresta, a pair of GX71 Mark II’s, a S13 Silvia and a crazy Soarer-nosed Celica XX. Fearing some retribution for shooting without permission, we approached the owners, including Satoru Nakamura the owner of the Celica, and were pleasantly surprised by.. well how pleasant they were! So off we started to shoot. Before who should turn up? The boys in blue.

Being ‘late’, Yokohamas finest set off, setting everyone else off and out of the car park. We were dying to stay but like everyone else were given our marching orders. Before the police got any closer, the Kaidou Racers had left and we managed to snap off a few more cars before being promptly yelled at by the police with megaphones to move on. Not exactly the best night, but not a night we’ll forget any time either! "

[Image: hw_racer1.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer2.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer3.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer4.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer5.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer6.jpg]
[Image: hw_racer7.jpg]

Very hideous cars.....reminds me of those speed racer cartoons.
I want to know how they stratched wheels/suspension on S13 in the first lobster photo.
lol at oil cooler sitting on front lip.
You would have to drive fast so you wouldn't see everyone laughing at you and your ridiculous car. The addition of Fizzy Dice is the best! LOL
My only thoughts are:

1) How much sake does it take to convince the owners of those "things" that those mods are a good idea.

and

2) How much sake was the writer and photographer of that "glowing" article drinking? :blink: :puke:

I mean that gaggle of cars looks like a bunch of Autobots did some serious inbreeding <_<

NefCanuck
They must live in Japan's equivalent to "Simcoe" to drive sh#t like that.
weirdest looking cars for sure but obviously these guys are filthy rich to be able to blow money on "projects" such as these. I'm sure they have several cars each.....and a daily driver :)
Must be the automotive equivalent of Harajuku girls!

Although, strangely, I don't find the one with the Bridgestone decals to be "that" bad - it seems to be the least extreme one of all of them there.
I don't know what's wrong with you guys ... my six year old loved every one of them.
Wow for a second I thought they were the new GM models coming out. :lol:
^^ hahahaha! crazy japenese :rolleyes: !
I think I saw SVTDEAN's car in the background.