FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wagons? You bet - they rock.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=226][attachment=225]

I've been noticing first generation Focuses here in Vancouver lately and it seems like about 90% of the Focuses of that era are wagons. I don't know what that means, other than Ford has its head up its butt for dropping the wagon.

But we know the problem - Americans. They will not buy wagons and they represent 90% of the NA market. The rest of the world thinks they are very cool and practical. I'd have bought a new one by now in a second if Ford still offered them.

I bought mine new in '01 and have driven it from Pacific to Atlantic to Gulf Coast over the years. 150k now.

Powerworks blower, SVT brakes, header, H & R coil overs, etc.

Just added an ST170 grille to go with the headlights and the SVT bumper. I just received a couple of other euro-grilles I'm going to try over the next while (including a stainless steel one - very cool)

Anyway... hello from the west coast

(12-10-2010, 03:46 PM)joeclarke Wrote: [ -> ]I've been noticing first generation Focuses here in Vancouver lately and it seems like about 90% of the Focuses of that era are wagons. I don't know what that means, other than Ford has its head up its butt for dropping the wagon.

But we know the problem - Americans. They will not buy wagons and they represent 90% of the NA market. The rest of the world thinks they are very cool and practical. I'd have bought a new one by now in a second if Ford still offered them.

I bought mine new in '01 and have driven it from Pacific to Atlantic to Gulf Coast over the years. 150k now.

Powerworks blower, SVT brakes, header, H & R coil overs, etc.

Just added an ST170 grille to go with the headlights and the SVT bumper. I just received a couple of other euro-grilles I'm going to try over the next while (including a stainless steel one - very cool)

Anyway... hello from the west coast

Welcome ... and nice wagon ... and as the previous owner/lessee of 7 Focus wagons (most often 2 at a time, hence the handle) I couldn't agree more with your assessment.

At one time in Canada the wagon represented just over 50% of all Foci sold nationally compared to just 10-12% in the US. There was even a short while when Ford Canada had the "one-price" strategy where a wagon was the same price as a sedan and during that time the ratio went up to 60%.

So you're right - the problem is the Americans - 'cause even with our 50% take rate, the overall NA wagon production was still too small.

Fortunately the C-Max will fix that to some degree - although I still prefer the old wagon style to it.

In hindsight I should have fixed the '07 instead of letting them write it off:

[Image: IMG_4131.jpg]
OP that's a nice focus. What does it put down to the wheels?
i have always had a thing for wagons as well, i have been itching to pick up a wagon and make a sleeper out of it. the perfect wagon would be a pitch black 2003-2004 with a 2.3l and MTX tranny. older body with duratec and 5 speed would be awesome. do a stage 2 kit on it, SVT front bumper, some 5 spoke svt wheels and coilovers with some ST170 or Mach lights and hofele grill. thats the perfect wagon in my eyes Tongue

none the less, beautiful wagon you have there, love the SVT front end.
[attachment=227]

(12-10-2010, 05:28 PM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]OP that's a nice focus. What does it put down to the wheels?

I dunno, I think Powerworks is good for a little over 200hp with header and SVT cat if I recall correctly.

Back in the old days, when an '87 Carrera was my summer car, I used to think the acceleration might be getting close to that of the old Porsche.

If I had chance too I'd still love to track down a 2001 Street Edition wagon in the same colour as my previous sedan and do it up exactly the same as my sedan was. I honestly think that the european 2002+ facelift is the best stock looking focus out of all the facelift models of all the generations of the focus sold on the first generation platform.
(12-11-2010, 07:16 AM)Frost__2001 Wrote: [ -> ]If I had chance too I'd still love to track down a 2001 Street Edition wagon in the same colour as my previous sedan and do it up exactly the same as my sedan was. I honestly think that the european 2002+ facelift is the best stock looking focus out of all the facelift models of all the generations of the focus sold on the first generation platform.

I saw a yellow Street Edition wagon for sale recently but can't remember where ... my favourite Street Edition wagon though is still blue ... imacs former car for example.
here is my wagon
[Image: P1020236.jpg]
[Image: P5190020.jpg]
[Image: P1020215.jpg]
[Image: P1020220.jpg]
[Image: P1020247.jpg]
(12-11-2010, 09:56 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a yellow Street Edition wagon for sale recently but can't remember where ... my favourite Street Edition wagon though is still blue ... imacs former car for example.

You mean like this one Smile

[Image: 2008MassivMondaywagon.jpg]

Ivan MacKenzie.
(12-11-2010, 10:55 AM)willcann Wrote: [ -> ]here is my wagon
[Image: P1020220.jpg]

that there is actually my car...

edit: other than that I didn't have that picture of it from that day so thanks, lol
lol damn just noticed that, same colour. i have a tone of pics from that day
(12-18-2010, 10:17 AM)willcann Wrote: [ -> ]lol damn just noticed that, same colour. i have a tone of pics from that day

not to jack this but do you have any pics of my svt on the dino?

only red svt there i beleve