FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: WTB early 2000 intake manifold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im looking for an early 2000 intake manifold, anyone know where to find one? or anyone got a used one???
priced it out brand new from ford $515.87.....
I have one.

I was saving it just in case I wanted to put my car back to stock. I have been running with my JRSC for the last five years and I'll probably keep running it until the car dies.

I'll sell it to you for $515.86 or BO.Big Grin
Yeah i thought Ford had sold out of the New 2000 intake mani's

Hit up a scrap yard or buy dBlast's

they do work really well when you port match them to a 65mm Throttle body!
thanks for the help guys im gonna buy dblasts manifold....
(12-12-2010, 10:44 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah i thought Ford had sold out of the New 2000 intake mani's

Hit up a scrap yard or buy dBlast's

they do work really well when you port match them to a 65mm Throttle body!

hmmmm port matching eh....what about the ports on the cylinder head? are they the same as the 2000 later manifolds?
they match on the cylinder head side, but if you add a 65mm throttle body (to any year focus intake mani) you should match it to the throttle body

I know myself and others were lazy and didn't match them and just bolted them up, but since you will have it off it definately won't hurt Big Grin
(12-14-2010, 08:41 AM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]they match on the cylinder head side, but if you add a 65mm throttle body (to any year focus intake mani) you should match it to the throttle body

I know myself and others were lazy and didn't match them and just bolted them up, but since you will have it off it definately won't hurt Big Grin

good to know the ports match, now all i gotta do is find a 65mm throttle body..lol
ya port matching makes a difference, we put a 2000 on chris' car and port matched the TB otherwise there was a nice lip and made the TB almost useless

02ztsian

That's for a SOHC if I read the description correctly. And remember that late 2000 Zetec got the later intake design.
ya i saw the SOHC part I just wasn't sure if the SPI and Zetec intake mani were diff.
As GFXjamie stated, we did the upgrade on my car earlier this year and lets just say it adds a ton of pep to the car. Originally had the later IM design and it makes quite the difference. Many friends and even others on the road easily lose the first 25-30feet all the time with the added pep. Can't wait to throw on the new motor and port match the intake runners.

BIG YEAR AHEAD for the car boys and girls (if we havent scared em all off yet haha)
whats the difference in the y2k intake mani's? even more so, why were they only in 2000?
(01-02-2011, 08:39 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]whats the difference in the y2k intake mani's? even more so, why were they only in 2000?

They were a one piece design, instead of the 2 piece design that came later. The one piece design were made and installed on the cars built in Italy from 98-99. And like most auto manufacturers, when an item needs to be mass produced the cheapest easiest design gets produced. And from there the rest of us got the 2 piece intake mani's
just to be sure... which one is which? smooth seam#988F/raised seam#WS4E?

i remember running into something about intake manifolds when I sourced my engine.
Here is a picture of the early 2000 intake manifold (Zetec), if you zoom in, it has the part number that begins with "988F":

[Image: IMG_0483.jpg]
buzz would you be willing to drive to Holland Landing? I haven't called but found one at a wreckers, claims its #988F. Holland Landing is north of New Market but south of Barrie.

don't know price.
i also found some 2001's that are listed as 988F and are 40$???

02ztsian

I was in the local Pick n Pull and there are two 2000 Focus both with the early intake (smooth edges).
If you can't find one local to you let me know and I can see about pulling one (or both).
thanks for the help but i already bought one off of dblast....actually the same one pictured above^^^^^^^^^ looks much cleaner now...lol
congrats, i still need an answer to my 2001 and 988F's question :p