FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Its not a ford but it is worthy...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ZZ572/720R

Nice.. If I had that I would keep it in my living room on display until I slapped it in a frame lol
i have that same tackle box lol
Its the one I sold last week at work. Some lucky, rich bastard is having it installed in his street machine over the winter.
how much are one of those?
Retails for well over $18K.
SNAP..yeah rich and lucky SOB right there...slap one of those in a focus and the car instantly is worth 18X the current value Tongue
18K is not a bad price at all for a race engine like that, considering what it would cost to build something similar from scratch (Ive personally witnessed how much these things can end up costing).

OR a "basic" Big block and some nitrous would yeild similar power levels. But for someone who wants it done all motor, its not a bad price to pay. Depending on the chassis its put into and the suspension/driveline setup, 9 second 1/4 mile car no problem.

Here are some specs on that engine:
http://chevy-crate-engine.com/572_720_ch...ngine.html
to bad this thing will never be run to its full potential Sad
Unless it's taken to the track where it will shred some tires to pieces.
When I worked as a civilian for the Cdn. military, my 4x4, extended cab worktruck had a 502 in it. It was mostly used for hauling flowers/student around to pretty up the Base. There was hill we'd sneak off to. If you'd get into the ruts, you could just crank the wheel and stab the gas and the truck would bunny-hop out. Beat a few unsuspecting musclecars. Was told a couple of guys got to take `er down the 401. 502 + free gas + federal plates = Awesome speed.

That motor would of looked good in my `57 project. *sigh*