FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bought a part out car of kijiji
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, myself, and a fellow member have purchased a car being parted out, from the kingston area. A 5 door SVT focus. Were picking it up on boxing day. A 1000 bucks gets us the whole car minus the interior which got scooped right away. Car was hit front end which destroyed the front SVT bumper... Dodgy... As well as the timing belt snapped which destroyed the valves. The top end of the motor has been sold leaving the block and internals left. our 1000 bucks...500 each, gets us, possibly the rims, the block and internals, the 6 speed with 111 000km's on her, the harness, computer, no interior, no headlights, no front fenders, the hoods there, no interior... cluster or anything. Just the carpet and some remaining bits. the rear bumper is perfect, the SVT spoiler, rear subframe, all suspension, front brakes. We get all 4 doors that are mint, and the hatch. prolly missing some stuff but whatever. Im planning on swapping the front brakes onto mine, the SVT rear bumper with the center diffuser changed for the center exhaust. Unsure what ill do with the F2 rear bumper I have now, prolly keep it. The SVT spoiler, and the 6 speed with the newer clutch and that, the owners installed in it, as well as the computer and that. the other member will use the rear subframe and is Keeping the block and internals and some other goodies.Simple question...is it a good buy for a grand?
sorry what's happening to that spoiler? and maybe even that 6 speed?

edit:

personally I wouldn't pay more than 5-800$ for a part out car, if the engine had been blown (that means everything else intact, including interior). If you feel that you'll save more than your 500$ investment, over time by sitting on the parts you keep, then yes it's a good deal.
PM sent
Well im personally going to be getting the rear bumper, which has the honeycomb diffuser changed for the center exhaust, which is pretty cool. The front brakes, the spoiler and the tranny is going into my car. Thats my 500 dollar investment. Possibly the 4-2-1 header if he has it. Were working the guy to get the rims, because theres a deal pending on them apparently, so will see.I think thats a good buy for my 500 bucks. Alot of nice SVT foci parts. The rear bumper and trans alone would exceed that 500 bucks if purchased elsewhere I think. Plus I get the the front brakes to go on mine, the spoiler, maybe even the exhaust. More interested in just having the header and that for future use, maybe on another car.
(12-19-2010, 03:42 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]sorry what's happening to that spoiler? and maybe even that 6 speed?

edit:

personally I wouldn't pay more than 5-800$ for a part out car, if the engine had been blown (that means everything else intact, including interior). If you feel that you'll save more than your 500$ investment, over time by sitting on the parts you keep, then yes it's a good deal.

what is up with buying my spoiler?
when i was at the point taking off my spoiler and ready to sell, u made double triple sure that you are buying but u were giving lots of excuse that you cannot get money from the bank more than $300 per day and you are getting paid until next thursday or something..
waited, waited and then you told me that you are coming to pick up next day, i never heard back from you, you never showed up and ignored my txt.
be honest. not cool!!
(12-20-2010, 03:46 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]what is up with buying my spoiler?
when i was at the point taking off my spoiler and ready to sell, u made double triple sure that you are buying but u were giving lots of excuse that you cannot get money from the bank more than $300 per day and you are getting paid until next thursday or something..
waited, waited and then you told me that you are coming to pick up next day, i never heard back from you, you never showed up and ignored my txt.
be honest. not cool!!
I have a friend that's lending me...paying him back over time..moneys tight, not to many people are busting down the door to buy new cars right now, so a very good friend is lending me, and its cool. Also your an hour from me, its hard to find the time during the day to drive the distance. if I come across the cash in the holidays ill be sure to PM you. s**t just happens some times, with money and situations change.
^^Well it's at least a good thing to let another party know what's going on. Seems like you just let him hang there. I've been there and I know how crappy it feels when buyer/seller does not show up or answer text or calls.
(12-20-2010, 09:45 AM)NikiterZTS Wrote: [ -> ]^^Well it's at least a good thing to let another party know what's going on. Seems like you just let him hang there. I've been there and I know how crappy it feels when buyer/seller does not show up or answer text or calls.

^^for sure, sorry leo. ill get there for sure when i get a chance
I hope you got the center exhaust too, actually the whole exhaust. If you plan on putting in the svt header then you'll need either the SVT cat + Flex or a ORP/Flex combo, ideally if you had the full exhaust that the guy had then your golden.

Same with the SVT transmission theres some complications on speed position sensor, so you need to work those kinks out, and keep in mind the 5Spd MTX you currently have has a Torsen LSD, 4.06 Gearing, personally I think thats a better setup than the stock Getrag 6Spd. Shifting however is smoother its a toss up for me when I hit it hard into a corner the LSD really helped, now typically the inside tire breaks loose and its a total pain. I've got a LSD in a box waiting to install just this stock svtf clutch is still holding strong at 140,000 and no signs of giving up.

You should look into getting the rear subframe and brake components, I think the car needs that more than the larger front brakes.

For $500 I guess its a decent deal, IMO the F2 rear bumper was a better bumper and the MTX in there has an LSD. If it was a direct swap I would swap out my 6spd for a 5spd with LSD anyday. Each to his own I guess, if everybody liked the same thing did the same thing life would be pretty boring.

Just my 0.02

(12-20-2010, 11:40 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]I hope you got the center exhaust too, actually the whole exhaust. If you plan on putting in the svt header then you'll need either the SVT cat + Flex or a ORP/Flex combo, ideally if you had the full exhaust that the guy had then your golden.

Same with the SVT transmission theres some complications on speed position sensor, so you need to work those kinks out, and keep in mind the 5Spd MTX you currently have has a Torsen LSD, 4.06 Gearing, personally I think thats a better setup than the stock Getrag 6Spd. Shifting however is smoother its a toss up for me when I hit it hard into a corner the LSD really helped, now typically the inside tire breaks loose and its a total pain. I've got a LSD in a box waiting to install just this stock svtf clutch is still holding strong at 140,000 and no signs of giving up.

You should look into getting the rear subframe and brake components, I think the car needs that more than the larger front brakes.

For $500 I guess its a decent deal, IMO the F2 rear bumper was a better bumper and the MTX in there has an LSD. If it was a direct swap I would swap out my 6spd for a 5spd with LSD anyday. Each to his own I guess, if everybody liked the same thing did the same thing life would be pretty boring.

Just my 0.02

Nice man lol...ya I remeber you saying. I did get the whole exhaust to, the header and the downpipe, everything. The rear bumper is nice to have, its a rare piece, ill prolly use for later use on another car. The 6 speed is the debate. Probably going to hold onto it, but will see. Your the expert not me lol. Ill listen before I change. I get the spoiler I want too. The rear subframe is going to the member im picking it up with. He called that, so he can have it. For 500 bucks i think its a good pick. Hey Kev you wouldnt happen to have the keys for the coilover would ya lol. or do I need to use a different method.
I gave the keys to the guy you bought the car from Sad
(12-21-2010, 01:41 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]I gave the keys to the guy you bought the car from Sad

darn.......lmao....figures....Dodgy
So whats the best way to do it...Huh