FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: offsets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
offsets got me a bit confused?

do we have +49 or -49 on stock eap's

and i wana run 16x8 +15mm offset mustang reps

http://www.americanmuscle.com/16x8-4lug-...ilver.html

so the 16's will stick out more or in more from the car?

thanks

and i get ill probly need camber stretched tires and pulled fenders and im not droping the car any more that it is stock svt struts and sport lines

this spring im gona have that LOOK lol
(12-22-2010, 02:32 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]offsets got me a bit confused?

do we have +49 or -49 on stock eap's

and i wana run 16x8 +15mm offset mustang reps

http://www.americanmuscle.com/16x8-4lug-...ilver.html

so the 16's will stick out more or in more from the car?

thanks

and i get ill probly need camber stretched tires and pulled fenders and im not droping the car any more that it is stock svt struts and sport lines

this spring im gona have that LOOK lol

I thought the stock offset a 17x7 rim for our cars was +49 ... I'd be really surprised if a 16x8 with +15 offset would fit our cars.

check out Tire Rack's tech article on offset
a 16x8 wheel with that offset will need a lot of camber and a lot of stretch to fit, the only thing with that is, you will have to small of a rim/tire combo to fill the wheel well and wont end up looking all that good. if you go with a 17x9 rep or something of that nature you can totally pull it off as it wont look to small if you can cut some coils outta the sportlines. ull need a good 2.5"+ drop to pull the look off
(12-22-2010, 07:04 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]a 16x8 wheel with that offset will need a lot of camber and a lot of stretch to fit, the only thing with that is, you will have to small of a rim/tire combo to fill the wheel well and wont end up looking all that good. if you go with a 17x9 rep or something of that nature you can totally pull it off as it wont look to small if you can cut some coils outta the sportlines. ull need a good 2.5"+ drop to pull the look off

i wanted to do the look with out that big of a drop. i mean i could get coilovers but.

i thought the 16x8 would be easier to fit then the 17x9

i was thinking id be good with front camber plates rear camber adjustable control arms and a fender roil
and possibly a 215 45 17 on the 17x9 instead of a 205 make it a bit safer

(12-23-2010, 09:04 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-22-2010, 07:04 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]a 16x8 wheel with that offset will need a lot of camber and a lot of stretch to fit, the only thing with that is, you will have to small of a rim/tire combo to fill the wheel well and wont end up looking all that good. if you go with a 17x9 rep or something of that nature you can totally pull it off as it wont look to small if you can cut some coils outta the sportlines. ull need a good 2.5"+ drop to pull the look off

i wanted to do the look with out that big of a drop. i mean i could get coilovers but.

i thought the 16x8 would be easier to fit then the 17x9

i was thinking id be good with front camber plates rear camber adjustable control arms and a fender roil
and possibly a 215 45 17 on the 17x9 instead of a 205 make it a bit safer

you would be surprised what fits in these wheel wells...

you are going to need atleast 17" rims, and in order to pull the look of your going to have to get creative. some coilovers wont even give enough drop to make it look good even. go on Focaljet and look at armanduh's build thread in team rigs, she is running 17x9 cobra reps on her like 03 hatch and bilstein pss9 would not go low enough for her. she has some wild camber and a lot of stretch. how it sits now is how it should look if you want poke n stretch or the "hellaflush" look.

prepare to drop thousands achieving this look. you will need a 205 40 17 or 215 40 17 for some good stretch aswell.
(12-23-2010, 09:52 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]you would be surprised what fits in these wheel wells...

you are going to need atleast 17" rims, and in order to pull the look of your going to have to get creative. some coilovers wont even give enough drop to make it look good even. go on Focaljet and look at armanduh's build thread in team rigs, she is running 17x9 cobra reps on her like 03 hatch and bilstein pss9 would not go low enough for her. she has some wild camber and a lot of stretch. how it sits now is how it should look if you want poke n stretch or the "hellaflush" look.

prepare to drop thousands achieving this look. you will need a 205 40 17 or 215 40 17 for some good stretch aswell.

ya i creeped her car already thats to crazy of a look do DD i think. i was hoping to get a look like Tiketz wheels but not thows exact wheels. i might have to look into other wheels then the stang reps
you may want to look for 18" rims then and stretch a good size onto that instead, going with 18" will give you more wheel and obviously height to stay at a little higher ride height, but regardless, you want the look you have to be LOW.

nothing against tony's set up, but the fender gap was to high when it was set up for actual driving and yet he still barely had front end clearance with the lip on it. have you thought about air ride? if you dont care for handling you may wanna take a trip down that road
(12-24-2010, 03:26 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]you may want to look for 18" rims then and stretch a good size onto that instead, going with 18" will give you more wheel and obviously height to stay at a little higher ride height, but regardless, you want the look you have to be LOW.

nothing against tony's set up, but the fender gap was to high when it was set up for actual driving and yet he still barely had front end clearance with the lip on it. have you thought about air ride? if you dont care for handling you may wanna take a trip down that road

no bags for this focus lol. ill probly have to just keep looking at wheels tell i find a good offset size width and style i like.

somtihng like a 17x8-8.5 with a 35-40 mm offset
ya good call, if you try to go all out without a big budget you might aswell not bother, however if you get a nice set of 17's with a mild stretch and minimal poke you can still pull off the look to a point and it tends to look better and be more streetable
(12-25-2010, 01:50 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]ya good call, if you try to go all out without a big budget you might aswell not bother, however if you get a nice set of 17's with a mild stretch and minimal poke you can still pull off the look to a point and it tends to look better and be more streetable

Its not the budget that im concerned bought it’s that I have to retain 100% of the drivability of my car as i have to use it for work.

I mean ideally I want the hella flush look but its not exactly a dd set up

Maby Santa will bring me some 17x8 BBS RS