FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Best exhaust system for 2010 ford focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello! Im a newby here! I'm also thinking of replacing my exhaust, and from what I've read Supersprint seems to have the best reviews. Have a look at this clip:
supersprint Ford Focus RS500 2.5i 2010 Dyno
Deep throathy sound, not too loud, not too racey, I think that would be the best choice. What d'you think?
You still looking for an exhaust? I work at MBRP and I'm pretty sure we have a sedan system in stock?
if you have something that'll fit a ZX5, PM me immediately...
(06-08-2011, 01:59 AM)sir.p Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Im a newby here! I'm also thinking of replacing my exhaust, and from what I've read Supersprint seems to have the best reviews. Have a look at this clip:
supersprint Ford Focus RS500 2.5i 2010 Dyno
Deep throathy sound, not too loud, not too racey, I think that would be the best choice. What d'you think?

we are in canada.... that is for the RS which is a completely different car then the focus here in canada.

(06-08-2011, 05:55 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]if you have something that'll fit a ZX5, PM me immediately...

All we have for a zx3/5 is the straight pipe with resonator, and the bend with the muffler... The tailpipe with tip was removed and used on my car.... Was told I can let them go for 150 + shipping... And don't even bother asking if we can fabricate you up a tail piece because I was also told they are not putting any extra time into these systems!
(06-08-2011, 06:42 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2011, 05:55 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]if you have something that'll fit a ZX5, PM me immediately...

All we have for a zx3/5 is the straight pipe with resonator, and the bend with the muffler... The tailpipe with tip was removed and used on my car.... Was told I can let them go for 150 + shipping... And don't even bother asking if we can fabricate you up a tail piece because I was also told they are not putting any extra time into these systems!

That's too bad, considering they're kissing the Focus market goodbye, where they had a good chunk of the market, and a really good reputation. Undecided Hell, I've sold 3 systems for them! Huh

I agree. But I can understand that MBRP's main bread and butter is Diesel and ATV/Snowmobile. Plus to me it sounds like they are going after people who have big bucks to spend with performance cars.

If we had RS's available in Canada or an OEM turbocharged application like the ST's, maybe MBRP would have stayed in the game.

Myself personally, I love my MBRP and still get kudos on it all the time. Too bad I'll be going FSW for my next one if I go Focus again.
Yep... It is too bad!! Much more business in the diesel and muscle car applications.
(06-09-2011, 12:41 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]I agree. But I can understand that MBRP's main bread and butter is Diesel and ATV/Snowmobile. Plus to me it sounds like they are going after people who have big bucks to spend with performance cars.

If we had RS's available in Canada or an OEM turbocharged application like the ST's, maybe MBRP would have stayed in the game.

Myself personally, I love my MBRP and still get kudos on it all the time. Too bad I'll be going FSW for my next one if I go Focus again.

No, the reason that MBRP didn't stay in the game is because they simply weren't getting the margins from the Focus guys that they were squeezing out of the muscle car and diesel guys. It took nothing to keep the programming to cut and make the Focus exhausts - and there's no reason they couldn't build them special order. They just didn't care about their thousands of loyal, sometimes multi-system customers and they drove them away. I should know, I had 3 systems on 2 cars - 2 on my 07 ZX5 and one on my 01 sedan.

Case in point: last year I told Martin about the multi-million Ford Escape / Mercury Mariner / Mazda Tribute market and how there was only a wimpy-sounding Magnaflow there as an option, really. He told me he wasn't interested in designing an "Escape" exhaust, even after I mentioned I was able to access the largest N.A. Escape/Tribute forum and that there was definitely a need for a "real" catback. I'd wager the real reason was because they'd have to price their catback at or below Magnaflow's pricing, which seemed generous to me, and that didn't appeal for some reason. I even offered up the 08 Escape as a prototpe that would satisfy 11 model years' worth of trucks.

Also, he seems to get distracted by shiny toys a lot (like his Porsche 911 Turbo. Porsche exhausts from MBRP - really?!?!), but even keeping the Focus exhaust as a special-order item wasn't appealing to him.

Also, I was the guy that had his 07 ZX5 in for prototyping so that they could have a proper Duratec exhaust instead of advising people how to mod the Zetec exhausts constantly. I was also told that my car was going to be featured on the site years ago - we took pics with MBRP license plate fillers and all - just to have it never materialize.

I never tire of telling this story because stories like this need to be told. There are lots of great manufacturers out there - but sometimes they turn on you for no reason. Buyer beware.
Nice rant lol... Well when your getting 1700 orders in a day for diesel and truck systems, I don't think they're too worried about the focus market!
Same thing when I poked them about the Fusion market (Yeah, yeah, yuck it up kiddies)

Went Magnaflow, shame they seem to have focuses (pardon the pun) on such a niche market that may yet collapse on them (Diesel regs getting tighter & tighter as they are)

NefCanuck
Well with diesel emision regulations getting tighter all the time I think the diesel exhaust game is going to get a lot smaller in the near future. Every diesel exhaust company has a DPF eliminator, but what is going to happen with UREA injection? I get at least 2 or more calls a week from somebody trying to pull all the emmision controls off their brand new 2011's. I just don't get it.

Soon regulations will catch up with everone. The game will be over. We'll all be back to square one. Just like back in the day when Cat's first started and everyone was just cutting them off or punching them out. Now a'days even a 300+ HP V6 Camaro has great emmision standards beat.
(06-09-2011, 06:44 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice rant lol... Well when your getting 1700 orders in a day for diesel and truck systems, I don't think they're too worried about the focus market!

^^ and precisely this attitude is why I'm done with MBRP. If you can't see the huge sea change in how they treated a decent number of customers then you're drinking the "high profit" koolaid too.

MBRP used to be a great Canadian manufacturer to support. And indeed, part of the reason why they grew was because of sport compact "back in the day", before they had their twenty gazillion diesel orders per year.

Also, FYI guys, you can get a Borla or Magnaflow cat-back still for your cars - or better yet, support someone who hasn't turned their back on the sport compact community just because it was convenient to do so: FSWerks.

Not that the new people care, but I'm throwing my support behind Randy and the crew at FSWerks from now on.
Yea def go with either fswerks or Borla if your looking for quality!
Pages: 1 2