FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Merry F'ing Christmas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Firstly, Merry Christmas to everyone. Now with the bad news. Some idiot hit my god damn car today in a parking lot. Didn't see who it was, didn't leave a note (must of been the Grinch). All I know is it was a truck with a hitch that nailed my front bumper. He put a hole in my bumper the exact size of the hitch, a square hole.

Does anybody know a good spot to get bumpers? There's no 2009 Focus down here in the wrecking yards. The price for a new one is around 350-400 bucks without painting from the dealer. So I'm looking at a grand or more minimum. The bumper is more expensive than a god damn F-150 bumper.

I will post a picture of it later to see what you guys think, I don't know if it's fixable by a body shop because they wouldn't be able to re-use the piece that got punched because it's actually indented from the hit. If anybody has been threw this I would appreciate some tips.
[quote='tetra' pid='228085' dateline='1293332466']

I would think if its not to crazy of a spot with bends and stuff you could get a patch plastic welded in and then bondo over it probly less than a new bumper.

shitty deal thow
Dude that sucks.
Sucks man!

Look thru Kijiji, while back i had to fix grandma's cavalier and dealer wanted 850$, i bought one from kijiji and painted for her for all under 400$. Maybe you get lucky and find a focus part out.
that sucks, but good thing it can be fixed or replaced. why not just call up the insurance and put in a claim? is there something your not telling us?
there's websites out there that can search multiple kijiji and craigslist regions at a time, try them for a 2009 part out.

car-part.com and small town/local wrecking yards are your next best bet. a place like standard auto wreckers is way, way too popular.
I got my engine from hilltop auto wreckers for 400$+tax. 40 000km. The next best (and very common) deal was on car-part, 400$ for 9x000km. The engine wasn't listed online, we called.

i checked rock auto.com, bumpers were 200-350$.
(12-27-2010, 02:49 AM)paolo Wrote: [ -> ]that sucks, but good thing it can be fixed or replaced. why not just call up the insurance and put in a claim? is there something your not telling us?

What is that supposed to mean? I'm not going to pay a 500 deductible and have my insurance go up over this.. And it was in a parking lot.. Usually insurance companies are iffy with that. Either way, not going to make my insurance go up over this.
Let us know how it goes. My Compare (Godfather) owns a autobody shop and he's really good at this kind of stuff, i can get his opinion if it is fixable if you got a picture