FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought i'd test out my new DSLR on the freshly washed Focus. Smile

Let me know what you think!

I am shooting in RAW but exported to a jpeg for uploading purposes. I'm using a Canon T1i with an 18-55mm lens. I'm still learning on this bad boy, so any tips are much appreciated! Although I don't have photoshop, I do have Corel's 'pro' software... editing (so far ) isn't an issue, i'm focusing on taking good shots with the setup. I will also be using a 75-300mm lens, which would have came in handy on the Hamilton cruise when we all lined up at the Bayfront! Ah well... there's always next year!

[Image: IMG_0419-1-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0424-1-1.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0430-1-1.jpg]
Got the t1i too, great shots, I need to wash mine too, time to put down the ps3 controller Smile
David
Thanks! And wow... don't everyone jump all at once! What's up with the 'community' lately?
Lookin' good Chris.

I looked at the T1i just couldn't get comfortable with it. Bought a Nikon D5000 instead.
Yes, it does look good.
Let me know the next time you are going to do it and
I'll park behind you - maybe some cleaning water will hit mine.

Here's my two sense on the pics:
pic 1 - try fewer objects like the hydrant, building overhang
and building door. Fill the frame a little more. More light.

pic 2 - try the car not running and wait until the van
is out of view - their brake lights on detract some.
I like the positioning.

pic 3 - looks good. Try changing the depth-of-field
to put the background (house, poles) out of focus.

Just my two cents.

Thanks for the replies guys! Unfortunately these shots were purely taken in auto, but i'll be shooting different settings soon to get some great stills.

Matt, as for your choice over the Canon... what made you choose the Nikon? I was on the fence with a Nikon too... but the price was too hard to beat. Plus we own a number of Canons and have had awesome shots with just their point and shoot line... so their dslr seemed appropriate for me. Big Grin
The Cannons just weren't comfortable in my hand to be honest. Couldn't get my finger to rest of the shutter button properly.

Looked at the Sony Alpha33 too, but the lens felt cheap compared to the lens for the Nikon.