FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ford keys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sooo my dad lost my car keys (ford key and fob)... i have a spare key but no fob. dose any one know what a new key and fob from ford is running price wise? or wheres the best place to get a new key and fob if theres aftormarket ones out there.

maby nows a good time to get the edge rear wiper and fordracing key chain wile im in at ford.

the keys for an 02 svt if that matters

(01-03-2011, 11:52 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]sooo my dad lost my car keys (ford key and fob)... i have a spare key but no fob. dose any one know what a new key and fob from ford is running price wise? or wheres the best place to get a new key and fob if theres aftormarket ones out there.

maby nows a good time to get the edge rear wiper and fordracing key chain wile im in at ford.

the keys for an 02 svt if that matters

Unfortunately, you have 2 problems. One, you need the key and fob, costly but simple (although you can get them off eBay for a lot cheaper than the dealer).

The other problem, unfortunately, is that you need 2 programmed keys to program a third. Without the second key, you need the dealer to do it with a programmer, and that'll run you $80ish just for the pleasure. The only good news is that you shouldn't need anything else to program a new fob. Good luck.
mmmm what about those key cutting booths in malls?dont they have/claim that they can copy codes from one key onto another?
(01-03-2011, 02:39 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]mmmm what about those key cutting booths in malls?dont they have/claim that they can copy codes from one key onto another?

i have never seen one
(01-03-2011, 02:39 PM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]mmmm what about those key cutting booths in malls?dont they have/claim that they can copy codes from one key onto another?

Not that I've seen. It would defeat the purpose of the PATS if a valet could just clone your key that easily.
the keys are $49.95 and $53.00 for the anti-theft programming, and you cannot cut a car key at a mall if it has PATS, as for the fobs they're about $30
(01-03-2011, 11:10 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]the keys are $49.95 and $53.00 for the anti-theft programming, and you cannot cut a car key at a mall if it has PATS, as for the fobs they're about $30

thanks man is that my cost or fords cost
DO you have CAA? do a search and i think i remember reading somewhere they will pay upto 100$ for lost keys. Maybe that will help a bit.

https://www.caasco.com/membership-saving...-benefits/

locksmith service, they will pay up to 100$.
(01-04-2011, 05:39 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]DO you have CAA? do a search and i think i remember reading somewhere they will pay upto 100$ for lost keys. Maybe that will help a bit.

It think that's locksmithing service to let you in a car (ie get you in if you've locked your keys in it), not to replace lost keys.
(01-04-2011, 06:33 AM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2011, 05:39 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]DO you have CAA? do a search and i think i remember reading somewhere they will pay upto 100$ for lost keys. Maybe that will help a bit.

It think that's locksmithing service to let you in a car (ie get you in if you've locked your keys in it), not to replace lost keys.

I understood it diferently.

If you lock your keys then you can call CAA and they will open the door for you. If you have lost your keys you can call CAA or CAA approved locksmiths to make a key for you and they will pay up to 100$ for that service.
thats retail prices....cost would be much cheaper lolBig Grin

(01-04-2011, 03:08 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2011, 11:10 PM)buzz2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]the keys are $49.95 and $53.00 for the anti-theft programming, and you cannot cut a car key at a mall if it has PATS, as for the fobs they're about $30

thanks man is that my cost or fords cost

thanks all

im getting the hole key thing sorted out at least in cheap SadSad