FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Rising 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i know there is some interest in this show as well, decided it would be a good time to post up and see how many people were interested as it will be time to book a hotel soon as they fill up pretty fast.

show is in carlisle PA, and judging by mapquest the trip is 7 hours 50 mins roughly, however i bet the trip can be done in 7 or less as i always beat mapquest LOL. total driving distance is 371 miles if shortest route is taken and judging on an average of 400km's to the tank it can be done in 3 tanks of gas.

i just went to travel lodge's site to get a price on a room from thursday night to sunday morning and total price came up as 392$ including taxes. split that between 2 members and their significant other if applicable and your looking at 100$ with 2 double beds.

to give a rough calculation on costs...

lodging: 392.37$ total, 4 people
gas: 120$/car MAX
food: <200$ /person

looking at it from a person with significant other, sharing a room aswell with another couple
total: ~360$ /person

looking at it as a single person sharing a room
~520$ /person

these are all rough, and guaranteed not to spend this much however its always good to plan a higher amount.

***lets get the ball rolling and figure it all out because most of the hotels i checked, have already been booked up!!***
actually once you get into your 2nd or 3rd filling for your car you'll get better gas mileage as american gas is a little better then here. it's how I was able to hit over 650kms on a tank driving down to louisiana a few years back with a fully loaded car.
interested!
I am already booked up, hotels and all!!!
I'm interested, and would like to cut my own costs even more if possible by being a 5th person in a room and sleeping on a floor.

also hotel rooms are cheaper if you don't book as many guests. What's the price on 2 queens for 2 people?
ya if anyone wants to share a room we can arrange for that, at the moment i may have another couple with me, however if you want to sleep on the floor luke, we can always do a 5 way split LOL

also i found out we have a 53l fuel tank so now i know i can go 600+km's to a tank highway lol
bump, if you would like to go, post up please Smile
(01-06-2011, 03:22 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]ya if anyone wants to share a room we can arrange for that, at the moment i may have another couple with me, however if you want to sleep on the floor luke, we can always do a 5 way split LOL

also i found out we have a 53l fuel tank so now i know i can go 600+km's to a tank highway lol

I'm down, then. Do we need to register as a group?

also how the HELL did u estimate 200$ for food? I budget on 10-15$/day
i estimate it based on eating out, 10-15$ will buy me lunch and a drink later on during the day LOL
(01-08-2011, 01:40 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]i estimate it based on eating out, 10-15$ will buy me lunch and a drink later on during the day LOL

Lol,

I'd rather go pick up some cold cuts, couple of slices of bread a tomato and bring down condiments in a cooler!!!

think boarder patrol would mind if I had a kitchen in my trunk?
Any news on this Jamie? Anyone else wanting to go?
I'm a good possibility for this one.
Whats the date and details on this one.
hotel carlisle is the hotel that is sponsoring focus rising, still rooms available and is 111$ USD a night. must call for that price aswell. dates are june 2-5th other then that, it is all i have at the moment. for more details on discussion see the events section on [FJ] in the focus rising section.
OK, how do I register on the FJ site.
jamie any news on your room? specifically on that 5 way split, lol
working on the 5 way split, just waiting on confirmation of the other couple really.

to register go to http://store.carlisleevents.com/SearchRe...asp?Cat=24

ill probably register by later today. what are your options if other couple doesn't confirm?

edit: and caravaning?
it has been done.

I'm registered!
I registered!
woo!!
Pages: 1 2