FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2012 Ford Focus Manual tranny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://bp2.ford.com/2012-Ford-Focus#page=/Models/

i just noticed that i can not order the focus with manul tranny for the SEL and titanium models, only comes with DSG auto tranny. Is that a typo or they decided to go that route?
Its true..
(01-13-2011, 04:51 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]http://bp2.ford.com/2012-Ford-Focus#page=/Models/

i just noticed that i can not order the focus with manul tranny for the SEL and titanium models, only comes with DSG auto tranny. Is that a typo or they decided to go that route?

Buy a Mustang...
(01-13-2011, 07:44 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a Mustang...

ewww!

no thank you. I'll stick with my Jetta until 2013 until the diesel regulations change and then maybe Ford and others will bring thier nice diesel engines over here!

Once you go diesel its very hard to go back to gas man!
what diesel regulations? that they're using ultra low sulfur diesel?
(01-13-2011, 10:56 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]what diesel regulations? that they're using ultra low sulfur diesel?

not fuel regulations, emission requirements are all going to be the same thru the planet Smile so basically everyone is going to be following the strict california standards. Once this get thru then all the car makers can bring over thier diesel engines from europe.

So far Mazda, Mercedes and BMW are going to be bringing some of the smaller diesel engines. Mercedes is suppose to bring the 2.2Diesel in the GLK and C class. BMW is going to be putting a smaller (2.o) diesel in the 3 series. Also they might bring over the X1 with diesel as well. As for mazda they will most likely bring the 6 and 3 over with diesel. This is all talks BTW. I'll bealive it when i see it.
(01-13-2011, 05:19 AM)SVTseller Wrote: [ -> ]Its true..
(01-13-2011, 04:51 AM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]http://bp2.ford.com/2012-Ford-Focus#page=/Models/

Not exactly true - that's in the US only (that's the US Build and Price you're linked to) ... in Canada you can get both the SEL sedan and SEL hatch with the 5-speed manual ... only the Titanium models have the 6-speed DSG standard.

And if you look at the SEL models you can option them up to the standard Titanium level if you want to.

The Ford Canada Build and Price is a bit hard to find ... here's the link
(01-13-2011, 12:22 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]

Not exactly true - that's in the US only (that's the US Build and Price you're linked to) ... in Canada you can get both the SEL sedan and SEL hatch with the 5-speed manual ... only the Titanium models have the 6-speed DSG standard.

And if you look at the SEL models you can option them up to the standard Titanium level if you want to.

Ken to the rescue! thank you! yeah so SEL with all the options is that that bad! but its missing one thing that i want, dual zone climate control! Can i get it in SEL or its only titenium package?
(01-13-2011, 01:26 PM)mo_focus Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2011, 12:22 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]

Ken to the rescue! thank you! yeah so SEL with all the options is that that bad! but its missing one thing that i want, dual zone climate control! Can i get it in SEL or its only titenium package?

Well ... according to the build and price chart it's only on the Titanium ... but ... according to the specs grid, both automatic temp control and dual zone A/C are also standard on the SEL.

Edit: did you see the compression ratio on that engine ... 12 to 1

The only thing I don't think you can get with the SEL that the Titanium has are the 18" rim option and the sports suspension.

As much as I like the new focus, when you start to option it out, it really isn't a cheap vehicle anymore.
i work for ford and ill be getting to test drive the new focus in mid februay.....i hope they have a manual to test....ill let you guys know how it goes.....hahhahaaaBig Grin
(01-13-2011, 02:05 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: did you see the compression ratio on that engine ... 12 to 1

12:1 that can be controlled VIA VCT. 5.0l mustang guys have super high compression aswell, they boost em and using tuning can effectively reduce the static compression ratio. same on the fiesta, really cool stuff. also direct injection lets you run higher CR as it cools the combustion chamber down drastically by comparison to MPFI. look at the VW 2.0T FSI, direct injection a boosted running 10.3:1 compression factory. almost unheard of as a factory boosted motor