FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: They're Filiming Down The Street.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's not a rare occurance to see movie and tv production trucks lining a street for a day... though, it's a bit rare to step out your front door and having the line of actor's trailers sitting right there.

Looks like they were filiming some indoor scenes over on Merton St for the Flashpoint TV series -- with all the trailers and trucks parked one street north -- or right behind my appartment building.

Sure I see it a lot, but it's always interesting to see the amount of equipment and people that goes into these productions.

Sort of wish I had my cellphone on me, but I was going out for my run... maybe I'll head out later and take pics if they're still there.
Flashpoint is a great show for a Canadian production.
I know all about that, thats my major pretty much at Mohawk College...we do every Hamilton Bulldogs broadcast / camera work, TiCats, etc..weird thing is every person you see on a production is used in some sort of way whether its getting coffee/food for the actors or being the lead camera guy, I've been there and done that already filming on location and its a pain in the a$$ but its also fun once everythings set up
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 10 2009, 03:04 PM Wrote:Flashpoint is a great show for a Canadian production.
[right][snapback]282418[/snapback][/right]

This might shock you Kev but, Flashpoint is a Canadian show, made for Canada, and based on the Toronto E.T.F., After the first episode aired it was picked up by the american network CBS, and shortly there after Flashpoint is now available to be seen in 10 other Countries outside of North America, (Italy, France, Germany, South Africa, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, & the UK) and in 3 Languages other then english (German, French, Italian).
We had the "Flashpoint" crew filming an episode at the airport just last month, aparently the episode they were filming dealt with some sort of terrorist. They even brought in their own "airport sets" i.e check-in counters and waiting areas to set it apart from the Greater Toronto Airport Authority scenery.

Day 2-- they filmed their "action" sequences out near the in-field/cargo area. A couple of my buddies saw them filming the firing sequences and what-not, needless to say looked like a pretty big budget went into this show!
Frost__2001,Mar 10 2009, 03:34 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Mar 10 2009, 03:04 PM Wrote:Flashpoint is a great show for a Canadian production.
[right][snapback]282418[/snapback][/right]

This might shock you Kev but, Flashpoint is a Canadian show, made for Canada, and based on the Toronto E.T.F., After the first episode aired it was picked up by the american network CBS, and shortly there after Flashpoint is now available to be seen in 10 other Countries outside of North America, (Italy, France, Germany, South Africa, Japan, Australia, Belgium, Austria, & the UK) and in 3 Languages other then english (German, French, Italian).
[right][snapback]282424[/snapback][/right]

Yeah I knew all that Philip. Its still Canadian though. :D
Thought you were going to say "CSI: Yonge/Davisville". :D

Meh, close enough.

Based on the Toronto ETF? Are the hurry-get-to-the-last-cruller chase scenes? You should see some of those boys eat! :o
I've ran into the Toronto ETF a couple times... and I don't think I'd ever want to f*** with them. They are much more intimidating than a regular cop -- but their chicks look smokin' hot too...
Ive watched the show a few times pretty impressive for a CDN show. Maybe you can snap some Papperazzi Pics OF that Bald Guy from just shoot me or Kimberly the pink ranger from Power rangers back in the day.
ZX3_2NV,Mar 11 2009, 01:43 PM Wrote:Ive watched the show a few times pretty impressive for a CDN show. Maybe you can snap some Papperazzi Pics OF that Bald Guy from just shoot me or Kimberly the pink ranger from Power rangers back in the day.
[right][snapback]282483[/snapback][/right]

There ya go lol!!!!!

[Image: kimberly.jpg]
Dimitri,Mar 11 2009, 04:28 PM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Mar 11 2009, 01:43 PM Wrote:Ive watched the show a few times pretty impressive for a CDN show. Maybe you can snap some Papperazzi Pics OF that Bald Guy from just shoot me or Kimberly the pink ranger from Power rangers back in the day.
[right][snapback]282483[/snapback][/right]

There ya go lol!!!!!

[Image: kimberly.jpg]
[right][snapback]282491[/snapback][/right]

Haha, you watched Power Rangers.
Yeah when they filmed The Hulk 2 they built a whole movie set in downtown Hamilton, I passed it everyday to catch a bus. I really didnt understand why they built vacant looking buildings with graffiti all over them when Hamilton is full of them? I guess it was to blow them up later, but they could have just blown up the current vacant buildings....would have done Hamilton a favor.

Yeah, but same thing, streets lined with trailers, people running around like crazy.
^^^^ ya when I was OTis there was always a movie going on in Hamilton once the summer months came..