FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: how much is a used focus worth?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how much ARE used foci worth?

I was at a dealership talking and the approximate value they'd give me for my focus was 4grand.

Not including my stereo, of course. It's got 65k on engine and 135k on everything else. Personally I feel 4 grand is a bit low, but I do remember that it's an 03.

So what IS the used market like for our cars?
(01-19-2011, 04:06 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]how much ARE used foci worth?

I was at a dealership talking and the approximate value they'd give me for my focus was 4grand.

Not including my stereo, of course. It's got 65k on engine and 135k on everything else. Personally I feel 4 grand is a bit low, but I do remember that it's an 03.

i think that sownds close
Actually that's a pretty good price.
When i traded my 2000 in 3 yrs ago I got 3g for it. So 4g's for your car isn't that bad an offer really.
(01-19-2011, 04:06 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]how much ARE used foci worth?

That 4 grand is what they'd "give" you on a trade ... which means the actual value is buried within the price differential of the car you are buying.

Assuming manual trans and no moonroof the Black Book valuation on your car is a range of 649 to 2139 ... and at the other end of the spectrum your car with auto and moonroof is valued at between 1494 and 3000 ... but let's be clear that 2139 / 3000 would be for an exceptionally clean / perfect car.

I'm not sure how the industry evaluates replacement engines but being frank here - I'm leery of it and in most cases I simply wouldn't consider a low mileage vehicle that has had the engine replaced (unless it was replaced by the dealer under warranty) ... just my two cents in terms of how you present your car. If it was me - I wouldn't even mention it unless specifically asked - 135k is still very low mileage for a 2003 and IMO the replacement of an engine only detracts from it.

4 grand is more then i would get for my focus thats for sure!

if you sold privately, you might get 5 grand for it, maybe if you dont get haggled and jewed down to nothing
I told the dealership my car to me was worth 5500.

I've got receipts for all the work I've done to the car, including the engine swap and they're using all that work and parts as justification for 4000$. They said they recently took in a wagon with similar characteristics to my zx5 (mileage and age) and the person got 4000 for it, so I believe I could get upwards of close to 5000.

according to the sales man, the engine is the most important part. Nevermind that 2nd gear got spat out twice on the way there.

also, I do have the moon roof and its a manual.

and no, I am not getting a new car. But man... 2010 Focus, that thing had me drooling!! Blue Flame SES on EAP's...