FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus Wagon Rerelease
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If it gets here, I'll likely give it serious consideration.
Possibly trade in the Rabbit.
2011 Focus
oooOOOooo thats sexy. Reminds me of the Mazda 6 wagon.
Ya, Mazda6 wagons are very nice, too bad they had such a short production run.
They'll be a nightmare to source parts for if you pick one up used.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out the Ford wagon is built off some part of the Mazda though.
Nice looking wagon
Half of the pictures are of the regular hatchback even though they are all labeled "Focus Wagon".Dodgy The wagon has a more rectangular rear quarter window with a flatter uprighter rear window.
I found wagons very useful . That is if you don't want a van .
isn't this sorta saying we get the shaft?

"Focus Wagon will not be sold in the U.S. "
Don't we always get it ? No Focus Rs so it won't shaddow the Mustang , no wagons , cause americans don't like them ...

(01-20-2011, 01:45 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]isn't this sorta saying we get the shaft?

"Focus Wagon will not be sold in the U.S. "

Which is why I started the thread with "IF".
I usually don't give these announcements much credibility. I don't hold my breath that's for sure. Especially those pictures, it likely won't even look like what'll be on a dealers lot.
You're right , look what they did to the Fiesta , they added a ""sedan"" version , not available in Europe , to my knowledge . It is uglier than a ...

(01-20-2011, 11:48 PM)j3rt Wrote: [ -> ]Which is why I started the thread with "IF".
I usually don't give these announcements much credibility. I don't hold my breath that's for sure. Especially those pictures, it likely won't even look like what'll be on a dealers lot.

Sigh..... Ford gave away so much of the Focus market in Canada when they dropped the wagon after 2007. IIRC wagons accounted for nearly 1/3 of Canadian sales back then.

I guess they still don't get it.

I also am less than thrilled to see my "Build it" estimate on a 2012, compared to the 2010 I bought over the summer. For similar equipment, the price worked out to $26K MSRP, versus just over $20K for my 2010. I won't even mention how the price worked out with all the incentives.

I realize that Ford wants to push the Fiesta as their entry-level vehicle, but if that is the case, why have they priced the Fiesta hatchback so far out of line. And who the heck asked for a Fiesta sedan anyway?

OK, OK, I'll end my rant here (for today, anyway ;-) )

Bob
(01-21-2011, 02:18 AM)duckcanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Sigh..... Ford gave away so much of the Focus market in Canada when they dropped the wagon after 2007. IIRC wagons accounted for nearly 1/3 of Canadian sales back then.

I guess they still don't get it.

I also am less than thrilled to see my "Build it" estimate on a 2012, compared to the 2010 I bought over the summer. For similar equipment, the price worked out to $26K MSRP, versus just over $20K for my 2010. I won't even mention how the price worked out with all the incentives.

I realize that Ford wants to push the Fiesta as their entry-level vehicle, but if that is the case, why have they priced the Fiesta hatchback so far out of line. And who the heck asked for a Fiesta sedan anyway?

OK, OK, I'll end my rant here (for today, anyway ;-) )

Bob

You are right Daniel ... and in 03-04 wagons were as much as 50% of the mix.

I think the NA strategy is to have the C-max fill the position of wagon ... in deference to the US market where the Focus wagon was no more than 5-10% of the Focus mix.
The actual Wagon looks great, and I agree that a large number of those photo's were of 5 doors, not wagons. I think it'd be feasible to sell the wagons here in Canada, as the original sold so well. Why wouldn't the public want wagons? The car companies basically make them now, and call them crossovers (Toyota Venza, Honda Accord Crosstour, Ford's own Flex and Lincoln MKT, and now the CTS-V Wagon too), so why not stop fooling around with name and segment games, and just call them a wagon.

If you look at other vehicles on the market, they are essentially just tall cars, with a shorter wheelbase than an actual wagon...for example, the Kia Soul, Hyundai Tuscon, Jeep Compass, etc. My dad and I don't get them at all...they are FWD, Tall wagons, without the payload of a wagon. Why not build/buy a wagon or a full blown SUV in the firstplace?

Anyways, back on topic, this wagon looks awesome, and I hope they go ahead with it!
Thing is, the "wagon" designation has been poisoned by some pretty lame attempts over the years. For every good wagon that was produced, there were at least one or two others that handled abysmally, drunk gas like a pig and in general were just a nightmare to own and service.

I really don't see the wagon making a serious comeback in N.A. without some serious marketing muscle to try and kill those stigmas, it's like the general public's hate on for diesel powered cars here, poison the well once (remember the GM passenger car diesel engine? GM sure wishes you wouldn't) and people don't wanna drink from it again.

NefCanuck
(01-22-2011, 01:42 AM)Drivesthebeast Wrote: [ -> ]The actual Wagon looks great, and I agree that a large number of those photo's were of 5 doors, not wagons. I think it'd be feasible to sell the wagons here in Canada, as the original sold so well. Why wouldn't the public want wagons? The car companies basically make them now, and call them crossovers (Toyota Venza, Honda Accord Crosstour, Ford's own Flex and Lincoln MKT, and now the CTS-V Wagon too), so why not stop fooling around with name and segment games, and just call them a wagon.

If you look at other vehicles on the market, they are essentially just tall cars, with a shorter wheelbase than an actual wagon...for example, the Kia Soul, Hyundai Tuscon, Jeep Compass, etc. My dad and I don't get them at all...they are FWD, Tall wagons, without the payload of a wagon. Why not build/buy a wagon or a full blown SUV in the firstplace?

Anyways, back on topic, this wagon looks awesome, and I hope they go ahead with it!

The answer to your question is pretty simple: blame the Americans!

South of the border they're already concerned about how much volume they'll have with the C-Max (looking at Mazda5 sales results), and they're convinced that the Focus wagon would only cannibalize C-Max sales.