FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Lapping Jan 22nd TMP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry for short notice!

1040 Kohler Road
Cayuga, ON
N0A 1E0

Cost is $113 per driver preregistered or $146 at the track. Instruction is available as well it is $56

Drivers Meeting at 9:30am
On track until 5pm

To preregister Click this link Make sure you choose Jan 22nd as the date.

We will be capping the entry list to 45 so register quickly.

There will also be a rally car from the Canadian Rally Championship out practicing for a upcoming snow event.

The guys from N.V. Auto will be out again giving away some gift certificates.

What do you need?
Just bring your car and a warm jacket. There are washrooms on site and a lounge to keep warm.

Can I bring passengers?
Yes!! Everyone at the track that day is required to sign a waiver.

See everyone out there!!

P.S. Last year we lost a lot of pylons over the few winter lapping days so if you could bring a pylon with you that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you there.
Just a heads up Nik, if you or your buddies find a beige rear passenger mat, that's mine Tongue

I was there last weekend with the SVTOA - Toronto club for a private winter driving session lapping day and the track conditions weren't the best (too much snow ironically enough)

Despite some laps by loaded SUV's to try and tramp down the snow when I got out there, by lap three:

lowered car + bodykit + overagressive traction control = me ending up off course stuck and it took twelve folks to get me out of there, even with an instructor behind the wheel of my car Sad

But no harm no foul as far as I can tell to the car so it was all good (and doing it on a track is much better then ending up off road off a highway late at night)

NefCanuck
^^Sweet.
Should of told us. I would have came out. How many fords came out?
If you guys come out tomorrow you can get a ride in the rally Subaru around the track. I'm bringing my helmet cause they won't let you in without one ofcourse.
Final numbers were 15 cars IIRC, that was actually better given the conditions that day, lots of space between the cars meant more room in cases of "oops"

Doubt I'd be able to make it tomorrow but have fun.

P.S. Nik, just so you know there was a Subaru that also went off track and had to be yanked out by the groups unofficial tow vehicle (A V6 powered Escape that was bombing around the track like it was dry Smile)

The SUV's with real winter tires and 4WD were the only vehicles that didn't have any problems, but a 2010 BMW 335 acquitted itself pretty decently for the most part.

NefCanuck
too short notice!! Sad
(01-22-2011, 03:33 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]too short notice!! Sad

It is what it is my man. You don't really need to prep your car for this.
Some come
I'd be coming from Ottawa, so I myself need prep, lol.
Wow. What a track day today that was
Any sign of the mat? Big Grin (I bought a replacement anyways today but I was just curious if it was spotted at all)

NefCanuck
Nope, no mat.

Tons of people went off the track today. Lots and lots of snow and then it was ice racing.
We had Ford Excursion pulling everyone. I had to be yanked 3 times in the period of 6.5 hours that I was tracking there.
And of course unforgettable ride that Crazy Leo gave me in his rally STi was my high light. Probably 6-8 laps of pure fun.