FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: rear end wiggle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i have a 2007 focus zx5, and just resently the rear of the car has developed a wiggle, driving on snow is not easy..lol. any ideas what it could be?
(01-23-2011, 06:43 AM)blue_light Wrote: [ -> ]i have a 2007 focus zx5, and just resently the rear of the car has developed a wiggle, driving on snow is not easy..lol. any ideas what it could be?

First thing is to check your tire pressure and make sure your wheel nuts are tight.
i checked the tires and nuts the one rear tire was down 10 pounds but i fixed that took it for a drive and its still wiggling. it basicly does a quik jolt enough to throw the balance off enough to slide the car.
hows the alignment? i know when i dropped my car, while i was turning i went over a sewer drain and the back end almost totally went loose, and it wasn't even that far out.
(01-23-2011, 11:49 AM)blue_light Wrote: [ -> ]i checked the tires and nuts the one rear tire was down 10 pounds but i fixed that took it for a drive and its still wiggling. it basicly does a quik jolt enough to throw the balance off enough to slide the car.

Well ... check the condition of your tires of course, but after that there's all kinds of things to consider, including alignment like Mike says.

Broken stablizer end link ... broken spring (common problem with Focus springs is to be broken right at the bottom in the cup area where the springs are seated - doesn't even affect the ride height that much, but your car is a little new for that I think) ... broken or severely worn shock ... worn bushings.

But I also think that any of the above would also create quite a bit of noise which would make it easier to diagnose.
It's the natural movement of the car. Just keep yourself on your toes. Its fun breaking the rear end loose in the snow around turns lol.
(01-24-2011, 08:26 AM)Scorcher000 Wrote: [ -> ]It's the natural movement of the car. Just keep yourself on your toes. Its fun breaking the rear end loose in the snow around turns lol.
ya was fun, but i would rather not jeperdise my fiance and our unborn child, it is not the natural movement of the car..
Dump the dead hooker out of the trunk.
Go for an alignment. I'm having the same issue, and I'm 99% sure that my rear toe is out. Same as my buddy with a lowered '06 ZX5.