FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus totaled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My focus is totaled now that insurance officially wrote off my car today. My car got into an accident a few weeks ago, go sandwiched so bumper, grill, hood and headlights were basically gone. Sad thing was, I thought this would be an easy fix, just put on the stock parts since it was driving perfect afterward! Angry

Just on a side note,for those who remember member yelozx3, I got my car from him.

So much for mounting the superleggeras on and tracking this summer, I will be selling them soon Angry

(01-30-2011, 04:46 PM)lay624 Wrote: [ -> ]My focus is totaled now that insurance officially wrote off my car today. My car got into an accident a few weeks ago, go sandwiched so bumper, grill, hood and headlights were basically gone. Sad thing was, I thought this would be an easy fix, just put on the stock parts since it was driving perfect afterward! Angry

Just on a side note,for those who remember member yelozx3, I got my car from him.

So much for mounting the superleggeras on and tracking this summer, I will be selling them soon Angry

Oh man, sorry to hear about this ... I hope you're okay. I know from experience how little damage it takes to write off a Focus.

Even if it wasn't your fault, I'm afraid you're in for a bit of a fight to get what the car's really worth; and fixing it really isn't an option because once the insurance company declares it a "total loss" you will have to jump through hoops to get it licensed again, and it will always have a "rebuilt" notation on the ownership - which essentially means forget about ever selling it.

I just recently went through this with my red track rat (long story, I guess I'll post up about it some time) and even with all my receipts for every part I put on it, I still couldn't get what the car was worth - so I had to get creative.

Anyway - again I hope you're okay and don't be shy about asking for input if you think you're being screwed by the insurance company.
Thanks man! I am not keeping the Focus anymore, didn't mind the salvaged title on the car but there was actually frame damage in the rear. So i guess i will be car hunting again.
Any chance the airbags did not go off?
Yes, the airbags did not go off, thank god for the rieger bumper, absorbed all the force from the impact.
Strange, as everyone I know that has been sandwiched in a Focus didn't have the bags go off. I wonder how hard it has to be hit?
(01-31-2011, 07:55 AM)lay624 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the airbags did not go off, thank god for the rieger bumper, absorbed all the force from the impact.

how much can you but the car back for?

im looking for a non street able project car to make a track car. would never see the street.

that was a nice car. i looked at buying it befor i bought my svt
Sorry not sure about the cost of buying the car back.

(01-31-2011, 10:21 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2011, 07:55 AM)lay624 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, the airbags did not go off, thank god for the rieger bumper, absorbed all the force from the impact.

how much can you but the car back for?

im looking for a non street able project car to make a track car. would never see the street.

that was a nice car. i looked at buying it befor i bought my svt

sorry to hear about your car, not to mention the hassle ahead with insurance.
(01-31-2011, 07:55 AM)lay624 Wrote: [ -> ]thank god for the rieger bumper, absorbed all the force from the impact.

This quote makes baby Jesus cry Sad

Is the Euro rear bumper salvagable? That was the nicest Eggyolk Yellow Focus I've ever seen.

I still have the Euro Rear bumper if you are interested.

(02-01-2011, 04:15 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2011, 07:55 AM)lay624 Wrote: [ -> ]thank god for the rieger bumper, absorbed all the force from the impact.

This quote makes baby Jesus cry Sad

Is the Euro rear bumper salvagable? That was the nicest Eggyolk Yellow Focus I've ever seen.

I just realized which car we are talking about. I wanna cry. Beautiful car in its day.
Thanks for the compliment man, and she will be missed.

(02-01-2011, 11:34 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I just realized which car we are talking about. I wanna cry. Beautiful car in its day.

that car was nice. Sad another one bites the dust!
My Rotas came from that car Sad that was also one of my favorite focis on here... so clean and whicked looking! Sorry to hear about the loss buddy!
Ohh back in the day with the bronze rota slipstreams, great memories Tongue still rocking them?

(02-02-2011, 07:18 AM)Burnin21 Wrote: [ -> ]My Rotas came from that car Sad that was also one of my favorite focis on here... so clean and whicked looking! Sorry to hear about the loss buddy!

Not bronza Rotas the grey rotas and ya you bet I'm still rockin them Smile