FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: MUSKOKA IN THE HOUSE!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?
(02-13-2011, 01:30 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?

Welcome ... as for mods, there's tons of options and some good boost kits too ... depending on how much power you want / need, there may be no need to build the motor before boosting ... lots of Foci out there with upwards of 250 to 270 whp on stock internals. Jamie has a lot of experience with a boosted Duratec and AFAIK he's making excellent power.

Now ... for the important stuff. As far as MBRP exhaust goes does your comments above mean you've convinced Martin to re-list the Focus?

There's tons of us on here who have travelled to Huntsville to get our exhausts done and many more who have ordered them and had them installed ... I've purchased no fewer than 3 exhausts from MBRP (I've had eight Foci all together) ... and I'm not alone.

Just as recently as a month ago a handful of us were trying to convince a couple of new members to call Huntsville and ask for one.

Anyway ... personally, and I'm pretty sure I speak for a good number of members on here, I think the loss of the Focus listing at MBRP is a big loss to this community.

Cheers

Ken
(02-13-2011, 02:24 PM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2011, 01:30 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all!! First day on fc, glad to see a Canadian focus strong hold!!! Just bought an 07 zx3 with 44000k and gonna start the mods asap... I work at MBRP exhaust so no need to worry about that aspect of the car... I'm more worried about under hood... I wanna build the engine up then eventually just pop a turbo in? What's everyones thoughts?

Welcome ... as for mods, there's tons of options and some good boost kits too ... depending on how much power you want / need, there may be no need to build the motor before boosting ... lots of Foci out there with upwards of 250 to 270 whp on stock internals. Jamie has a lot of experience with a boosted Duratec and AFAIK he's making excellent power.

Now ... for the important stuff. As far as MBRP exhaust goes does your comments above mean you've convinced Martin to re-list the Focus?

There's tons of us on here who have travelled to Huntsville to get our exhausts done and many more who have ordered them and had them installed ... I've purchased no fewer than 3 exhausts from MBRP (I've had eight Foci all together) ... and I'm not alone.

Just as recently as a month ago a handful of us were trying to convince a couple of new members to call Huntsville and ask for one.

Anyway ... personally, and I'm pretty sure I speak for a good number of members on here, I think the loss of the Focus listing at MBRP is a big loss to this community.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks for the reply I'm just hoping to get around 200 whp, an was just checkin out the focusport stage 1 turbo... It'll be a while ne ways...

But as you said, for the important stuff lol. I really don't think that he has any plan to re-introduce the focus line... Although I can't speak for him, gas is taking off. However when we were doing inventory this year I did see as many as four systems sitting in storage... Atleast a sedan and some zx3s.. We do still have plans on file for any model up to 07 including the svts... So a custom build is always possible... I can't answer if were gonna bring it back as an offered system though.... Best bet would be to call and talk to Jeff... Doubt you'll get Martin.
Welcome to FC. Good luck with your project. I run MBRP on my Focus and TBH it is one of the best systems ever produced for our platform.
Hi

I ran first gen. MBRP catback on my sedan.