FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Full; Exhuast System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys i donno if som of you have seen my thread on going forced induction but i plan on procharging my car around fall and i wanna get all the parts....one of the things i want are new headers mine are pratrically rusted right through and i want a new borla ss exhaust...what othere things woukd you recomened for this

i wanna go shorty headers so what else do i need to make this work, or whould you guys recommend another header such as the svt header fabbed for the zetec??

thanks guys:D

p.s. forgot to mantion im a newb with this stuff so liek a high flo cat whats a good one, for an exmple?? is RT good???
drunkinmonkey,Mar 8 2009, 02:33 PM Wrote:hey guys i donno if som of you have seen my thread on going forced induction  but i plan on procharging my car around fall and i wanna get all the parts....one of the things i want are new headers mine are pratrically rusted right through and i want a new borla ss exhaust...what othere things woukd you recomened for this

i wanna go shorty headers so what else do i need to make this work, or whould you guys recommend another header  such as the svt header fabbed for the zetec??

thanks guys:D

p.s. forgot to mantion im a newb with this stuff so liek a high flo cat whats a good one, for an exmple?? is RT good???
[right][snapback]282292[/snapback][/right]

Do you intend for your car to continue passing Ontario emissions tests?
yes i do
then no long tubes, get an SVT header, its been proven the best for any Focus our generation (so I've read)

Borla is good exhaust but you're paying alot more than you should, just for the name..sounds pretty good though :lol:
SVT route is expensive!! but worth it! i have that set-up on the wagon i bought (came with it) and i had to replace the cat..... $500 later..... :unsure: all i can say is it better pass now!!

I have a Hedman shrty header and FC high flo cat for sale here....

http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=23376

Both ceramic coated and in great shape, they will need gaskets that can be bought at CFM for a reasonable price
The shorty headers above are probably your cheapest emissions friendly option. I have the long tube, I plan on passing etest with it with cat/flexpipe. I'll see if that works, else I'll just put in the stock headers. I've gotten kida good at it now that I need to do it every 2 years :P
im thinking the svt header?
i have svt header and i like it a lot

no need to fab it..
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageActio...PROD&ProdID=481
SVT header with hi-flow RT cat, and hi-flow flex mated to 2.5 inch Borla is what I have. I have passed emissions test twice with this setup.

One note: this setup is very loud, especially with any application of spirited throttle. I have the Borla specified for the ZX3 (I got the exhaust before knowing I was getting the SVT header.) There is a version of the Borla that is made specifically for the SVT. This version has an extra resonator which should make exhaust more cop-friendly and bearable on the ears.
Focussport Stealth exhaust is probably the best exhaust i've heard so far. With just a race header its only really loud when i'm on the throttle hard. Cruising along its fairly quiet.
right now isn't the best time to buy new, because our dollar isn't doing very well

SVT ceramic coated + RT cat + flex will run you close to $1700 cdn

SVT non-coated +RT cat + flex will be around $1400 cdn

Try and find these used in the b/s/t forums might be worth it but then you never really know what you will end up with

your best bet would be to ask Ken or Mark to get you prices on the SVT-zetec header kit. RT cat i think can only be bought at Mcnews now. And a Flex pipe you can get just about anywhere
thanks for the help guys ill look into all this