FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Steeda sts or c-f-m sts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've been doing some research on which sts (short throw shifter, I was confused myself at one point, lol) to purchase. I have read that to be a true sts the shift cable linkage has to be moved up the shaft. Also, read that the c-f-m sts is basically your stock shifter cut down. This would mean it wouldn't make your actual shift shorter, just the distance you have to move your hand. Haven't heard nething about the steeda sts, just wondering if anyone has had both and could tell me the difference they felt in the two? Thanks in advance!
I have the Steeda, it's a great product. 5 years no problems. I'm actually buying another for the new car.

The difference AFAIK between the two is that the Steeda moves up the pivot point and the CFM doesn't.

The Steeda changes the throw length by changing the lever arm, the throws are shorter but the effort to make the shift doesn't change. Shifts are nice tight and notchy.

AFAIK the CFM is jist a shorter handle, the throws are shorter but the effort is greater. It's not as well built from what I've seen but it's cheaper.
(02-16-2011, 04:45 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Steeda, it's a great product. 5 years no problems. I'm actually buying another for the new car.

The difference AFAIK between the two is that the Steeda moves up the pivot point and the CFM doesn't.

The Steeda changes the throw length by changing the lever arm, the throws are shorter but the effort to make the shift doesn't change. Shifts are nice tight and notchy.

AFAIK the CFM is jist a shorter handle, the throws are shorter but the effort is greater. It's not as well built from what I've seen but it's cheaper.
Yea, that's what I'm saying. And for the price diff between the two I'll be checkin more into the steeda. Thanks for the knowledge!
(02-16-2011, 04:50 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]Yea, that's what I'm saying. And for the price diff between the two I'll be checkin more into the steeda. Thanks for the knowledge!

Let's say that I like the Steeda Shifter for my Focus enough that I have no qualms about dropping another $240 to replace a decent enough short shifter straight from the factory.
I've got a steeda STS in my car, by far it feels like the best one, I do recall trying the CFM on the old car and did not like it. That said the most i'd willingly spend on a shifter is probably $50. Above that a hacksaw works real nice too.
Put my Steeda shifter on shortly after purchasing the car new in '07. Still shifts great after 105,000kms. Definately would recommend it.
i have the steeda on my car i've been using it for 5 yrs and havent had a problem. i have 130k on my car and still shifts great.
(02-17-2011, 08:33 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]Put my Steeda shifter on shortly after purchasing the car new in '07. Still shifts great after 105,000kms. Definately would recommend it.

I bought my 07 last month with 44k kms... Very low for an 07!!
Let us see a picture of it . Is it a 2 liter or 2.3 ? And please tell me it's manual

(02-17-2011, 10:48 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2011, 08:33 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]Put my Steeda shifter on shortly after purchasing the car new in '07. Still shifts great after 105,000kms. Definately would recommend it.

(02-17-2011, 02:13 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]I've got a steeda STS in my car, by far it feels like the best one, I do recall trying the CFM on the old car and did not like it. That said the most i'd willingly spend on a shifter is probably $50. Above that a hacksaw works real nice too.

my zx3 had a hacksaw sts lol worked well for the price
(02-17-2011, 11:24 AM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]Let us see a picture of it . Is it a 2 liter or 2.3 ? And please tell me it's manual

I can't post pics cuz I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me upload photos.... Also don't have a comp with Internet right now... Just bought a house, and I'm getting married this Saturday! I might be able to find a link from the dealership I bought it from in Barrie?

Cars been taken off the website... I'll try and figure something out... It won't even let me change my avatar from my phone

Well then congratulations for your big day and wish you all the best - you know , health , happiness , money and why not , luck with everything - also congrats for your new house . If you ever come down to Barrie , stop by my shop for a coffee and a chat .

(02-17-2011, 03:40 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2011, 11:24 AM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]Let us see a picture of it . Is it a 2 liter or 2.3 ? And please tell me it's manual

I can't post pics cuz I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me upload photos.... Also don't have a comp with Internet right now... Just bought a house, and I'm getting married this Saturday! I might be able to find a link from the dealership I bought it from in Barrie?

Cars been taken off the website... I'll try and figure something out... It won't even let me change my avatar from my phone

I'm sure it looks something like this:

[Image: zx3side1di3.jpg] By krustyrider
(02-18-2011, 11:00 AM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure it looks something like this:

[Image: zx3side1di3.jpg] By krustyrider
Exactly haha... Is that with your frpp suspension on it?

I'm gonna guess that it's before your suspension? Atleast I hope cuz I'm hoping it drops it a little more to get rid of some of the wheel well gaps
No, this is:
[Image: svtwhls8.jpg]
By krustyrider

also with the svt wheels
(02-18-2011, 02:01 PM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is:
By krustyrider

also with the svt wheels

Wicked!! Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get started on mine... Is yours still naturally aspirated or do you have a turbo or anything on?
This suspension kit will give you the drop and good handling . It is actually Focus SVT suspension from Ford Racing .
[Image: 675A0306.jpg]
[Image: 675A0305.jpg]
or these Koni's adjustable with the right springs which I have them for sale also .

[Image: 675A0302.jpg]
[Image: 675A0303.jpg]

I have everything in stock .

OOPS , what year is your car ? totally forgot to ask Dodgy They're good for Focus 2000-2005
For comparison sake her are 2 examples of lowering kits for the first gen Focus. Which would be similar to gen 1.5.

Eibach Pro Kit:

[Image: IMG_4045-1.jpg?t=1298052711]

FRPP with SVT Dampers:

[Image: DSCF3467.jpg?t=1298052949]

Very similar stance, extremely noticable difference in ride quality. Eibach is like stock but a little firmer. FRPP a lot stiffer and handles way better. IMHO.
(02-18-2011, 02:36 PM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2011, 02:01 PM)Krusty Driver Wrote: [ -> ]No, this is:
By krustyrider

also with the svt wheels

Wicked!! Looks awesome!! Can't wait to get started on mine... Is yours still naturally aspirated or do you have a turbo or anything on?

Just n/a, Steeda SRI. That's it, still thinking on exhaust though. Alot of guys are saying the MBRP will fit so I may pick that up and give it a try.

Currently I have the Multimatic kit on( been on for one season )which is even more stiffer , but in the spring I intend to install some Koni's so I'll put it out for sale .
Great look with those white rims !

(02-19-2011, 04:18 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]For comparison sake her are 2 examples of lowering kits for the first gen Focus. Which would be similar to gen 1.5.

Eibach Pro Kit:

[Image: IMG_4045-1.jpg?t=1298052711]

FRPP with SVT Dampers:

[Image: DSCF3467.jpg?t=1298052949]

Very similar stance, extremely noticable difference in ride quality. Eibach is like stock but a little firmer. FRPP a lot stiffer and handles way better. IMHO.