FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: used front struts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have a drivers side(or both) front struts they don't want/need anymore that are just taking up room in there garage?

They don't have to be anything special, someones old stock one's would work.

I've replaced everything suspension wise, but I think I might have damaged my strut bearing on the drivers side during the installAngry.

Thanks
Shawn
(02-17-2011, 12:37 PM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone have a drivers side(or both) front struts they don't want/need anymore that are just taking up room in there garage?

They don't have to be anything special, someones old stock one's would work.

I've replaced everything suspension wise, but I think I might have damaged my strut bearing on the drivers side during the installAngry.

Thanks
Shawn

I think I might have something Shawn (remind me again what year) but it's in my storage unit so I won't know for sure until the weekend.

I know for sure I have a full 07 wagon suspension with only 20k on it, but I'm not sure I've reached the point emotionally where I want to donate it, if you know what I mean LOL.

Otherwise I think I have 00-04 struts somewhere that are donatable.

Maybe I don't get what's up - but why not just replace the strut bearing - they're really cheap.
Thanks Ken!
It's the 00-05 suspension.

I've bought or replaced everything in the front end trying to find the clunk I have, end links, sway bar bushings, struts, springs, control arms, inner and outer tie rods, and strut bearings which I think I might have damaged during the install.

I don't want to spend anymore money only to find out I just spent money were I didn't need to.

So I figured if someone had some old struts they didn't need or want I would put my other set of springs on those struts and see if that is my issue.

I have just gotten used to the random clunks I got after replacing everything front and rear. Just turn the music up.
^^^LOL!
I've tried, believe me.
This one is actually really loud, I can hear and feel it even with the music cranked.
I needed struts and a rear spring, so bought a brand-new SVT kit on kijiji for $300 Love it.
(02-19-2011, 10:54 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]I needed struts and a rear spring, so bought a brand-new SVT kit on kijiji for $300 Love it.

I already have KYB AGX's and Vogland springs, I'm just trying to figure out if it's my strut bearings or something else, instead of spending anymore money and not fixing the actual problem.

Plus the SVT kit isn't low enough for me nor can the shocks or struts handle being 2" lower than stock.