FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: thinking of getting a wagon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well just as the title says. I just wanted to say, I think I'm going to trade/sell my 2000 ZX3 and get a 2007 SES wagon. Going tomorrow to have a look at it.

Just a quick question. I made a new topic on "For Sale" this afternoon to see if anyone was interested in the ZX3 but it never posted. Its their a wait time or something?

The wagon is for the wife, but it will be the family vehicle for trips.

DRyanC
(02-24-2011, 09:47 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Well just as the title says. I just wanted to say, I think I'm going to trade/sell my 2000 ZX3 and get a 2007 SES wagon. Going tomorrow to have a look at it.

Just a quick question. I made a new topic on "For Sale" this afternoon to see if anyone was interested in the ZX3 but it never posted. Its their a wait time or something?

The wagon is for the wife, but it will be the family vehicle for trips.

DRyanC

PM sent
Well I did it. Picked up a silver 2007 SES wagon. I like the size of the trunk. With the hatches the stroller would be the trunk. Won't be much moding for it as it is for the wife. I made a special CD for the ride home and when we left the dealer, Holiday Road on right away. I finally have my wagon. When I bought the 2007 ZX5 I was looking for a wagon with a stick in liquid grey but as it was August 2007 when I bought the wagons were pretty much gone. Now I can't wait for sumer for the family trips.

DRyanC
(02-27-2011, 10:47 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Well I did it. Picked up a silver 2007 SES wagon. I like the size of the trunk. With the hatches the stroller would be the trunk. Won't be much moding for it as it is for the wife. I made a special CD for the ride home and when we left the dealer, Holiday Road on right away. I finally have my wagon. When I bought the 2007 ZX5 I was looking for a wagon with a stick in liquid grey but as it was August 2007 when I bought the wagons were pretty much gone. Now I can't wait for sumer for the family trips.

DRyanC

Congrats ... a few of us on here have had silver wagons ... great looking car I'm sure.
(02-27-2011, 10:47 AM)DRyanC Wrote: [ -> ]Well I did it. Picked up a silver 2007 SES wagon. <snip>

DRyanC

Congratulations. The Wagons are fantastically adaptable cars. I use mine to tow and support my (small) sailboat. I keep thinking that I should shop for an '07 (last of the breed) to replace my current '03 wagon, so I can keep on haulin'.

Bob
"I use mine to tow"

This is why I bit the bullet. A friend of mine has a freestyle and his wife drives it, all in town of course, and his fuel average is 18L/100k. This pushed me away from a freestyle/taurus X. All I have to tow will be camping and cottage supplies in a 4X6 trailer.

DRyanC
We have a 2006 ZXW SE. Tons of trunk space. It's a shame there arent many wagons anymore thanks to the American's rejection of wagons, not to mention manual trans.
(03-10-2011, 02:22 AM)Nutella Wrote: [ -> ]We have a 2006 ZXW SE. Tons of trunk space. It's a shame there arent many wagons anymore thanks to the American's rejection of wagons, not to mention manual trans.

Congrats on the purchase.
They are nice looking and very spacious in the back. It's too bad the rear seat doesn't split to allow one side to be folded flat but otherwise it's a great wagon. I think they continue to produce a wagon in Eurpe but in the new body style which to my mind doesn't look like a wagon.
If I new Ford was going to sell a wagon for the 2012 model then I would have waited. I like the idea of the Cmax but it's still not a car.

So I thought about it, did the math to see what I would be spending on having 2 children in daycare (wife's on mat leave until July), it would cost about 2.5-3X more to get a Cmax when it comes out, maybe next year, than what I paid for the wagon. So have a $30,000 car payment plus a $13,000/year daycare. It just doesn't work.

I would really like to have a nice family car and a 3rd vehicle, being a track car for myself but family expenses just don't work out that way right now.

DRyanC
I hear you, forget about that. I have a 3 y/o kid, and another on the way next month. Paid almost $14,000 in daycare last year. Crazy that our own prov. govt. doesnt pay for this, on top of all the costs with raising a kid and income loss, it's nuts.

Cant splurge on nice family car.. but the ZXW wagon does the job just fine!