FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Caught A Service Tech In A Lie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
lol everyone here should already know the basics of how I obtained wagon 2

if not heres a short recap

during my normal detoured route though Streetsville I pass a shop that had a gold wagon identical to the one I already owned
so a few more weeks go by and its never touched or moved ( the flat tire, mudpuddles around the tires and the even coat of dust debris is the telltail)
I walk in say whats up with the abandoned focus, there like what makes you think its abandoned..
I said well its been there roughly a month and never moved.. and there like oh engines internally blown owner doesn't want to replace the engine, theres no compression on cylinder 2-3-4 but had great compression on #1 only..
uhh ok I say so how much they said gimme $700 for it and i say SOLD

well I finally got my wish a warm day to do the timing belt change and I got it done and it starts flawless (idles low due to a completely mangled, holed and pinched pcv tube, and in the video that would be the rear hatch rattling cuz the screws on the hatch lock are loose)

well upon lowring the car I got the SCARE of my Life... one of the springs jumped and slammed into the tray ( it was broken already ) made me jump and scared the beejesus out of the roofers reshingling a house down the street (they spun around and just looked at me on my hands and knee's cuz I thought either i just dropepd the car on a stand and it broke through or even worst the oilpan.. one ran over and asked if i was alright and I said well im fine but my spring broke ( he looked at the spring in amazement) "Ive never heard of springs just breaking" I said oh there common on the focus's enyways he goes back and said alls good and they see me rip down the street in the wagon to test the engine I went to do my u-turn to go back and the spring jumped yet again god there noisy when broken

anyways I call ford up and this is the convo

he had me on speakerphone cuz he was doin paperwork at the same time and I caught him in a lie

me: hello im wondering if my Focus is covered by the spring recal I have 2 broken springs
tech: I will need your VIN to confirm the status of it
me : vin is (gives him the vin) oh you had it handy
me: yes i have the paperwork for it in front of me
tech: ok yes your car is still under warranty, but I need to know the mileage
me: its 219,819
tech: sorry sir your cars over the Mileage allowed
me: what the hell no its not
tech: unfortunately it is its 150,000 or 10 years whichever come First
me: your semi correct it IS 10 years or 150,000 but thats 150,000 MILES not Kilometers
tech sorry sir your incorrect (voice in the background) he is correct (name removed) (tech) shutup (name removed) <picks up the handset> I will have to get back to you I need to verify
me: go ahead I know FOR A FACT its 10 and 150,000MILES which in Canada would be 10years and 240,000kilometers
tech.. ok sir i need to verify ill get back to you in about a half hour i need to call head office

(half hour later while I was putzing around with wagon 2 I missed the call but in voicemail I got this.. hello Rob this is (name removed) at (Dealer name removed), good news you were correct it is 150,000 miles/240,000km's.. please call me back to setup an appointment

so its going in for the recal half stripped for the new interior and I'm not telling them that its getting a new engine aswel LOL

heheh my crappy hose and I wonder why the hell its a 90degree UP and not 90degree to the right like the other 2 engines
(video below is of the engine starting just for fun :ph34r:)

[Image: DSCF1865.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF1861.jpg]
-----------------------------------

This is the way I saw it every day

[Image: DSCF1495.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1496.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1494.jpg]
You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

He probably thought there is no way this guy can tell me I'm wrong. I'm a tech etc....

He figured you would have said okay and 5 min. later he would have been booking you in for a 1000 dollar appointment.

I'm not sticking up for him, he probably thought you were ignorant.

I love the look on the techs faces when I use the "lingo" correctly.
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2009, 05:51 AM Wrote:You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

He probably thought there is no way this guy can tell me I'm wrong. I'm a tech etc....

He figured you would have said okay and 5 min. later he would have been booking you in for a 1000 dollar appointment.

[right][snapback]282285[/snapback][/right]

I never new about the spring recall Ive got one with a colasped spring right now Ill have to give Ford a call.
Thanks
lintlars,Mar 8 2009, 10:35 PM Wrote:I never new about the spring recall Ive got one with a colasped spring right now Ill have to give Ford a call.
[right][snapback]282321[/snapback][/right]

It technically was never a Ford service recall, it was an M-Letter from Ford that only provides additional coverage on both front coil springs for a total of 10 years or 240,000 kilometres from the original warranty start date, whichever occurs first...and applies to 00-03 model years.
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2009, 07:51 AM Wrote:You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

yeah well this particular person took my poor mom around the block on overpricing and giving her the run around... it took 3 visits and 3 visits before I blew a cork and nearly tore him a new one oh yeah in total it cost my mom near $1300 to fix a stalling problem

and as for people not joining or knowing this info that needs to change this is a fansite thats supposed to help people (like the quote below my reply)

lintlars,Mar 8 2009, 09:35 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 8 2009, 05:51 AM Wrote:You have to remember Feral. The people on this forum are a rarity. Especially to techs at dealerships. It's not often they get a phone call from somebody that knows as much about the car and it's warrantees as they do. (sometimes more) Most people don't join forums, learn everything they can etc.... about their cars.

I never new about the spring recall Ive got one with a colasped spring right now Ill have to give Ford a call.
Thanks

yup there Voluntarily recalled by ford they won't replace unless it breaks
(or as they put it they extended the warranty coverage on JUST the spring)

if the spring Fails within 10years or 150,000 MILES (or 240,000kms) (whichever comes first) ford will replace both front springs free of charge even if your not the original owner or your original warranty expired
06gtpony,Mar 8 2009, 10:03 PM Wrote:
lintlars,Mar 8 2009, 10:35 PM Wrote:I never new about the spring recall Ive got one with a colasped spring right now Ill have to give Ford a call.

It technically was never a Ford service recall, it was an M-Letter from Ford that only provides additional coverage on both front coil springs for a total of 10 years or 240,000 kilometres from the original warranty start date, whichever occurs first...and applies to 00-03 model years.
[right][snapback]282322[/snapback][/right]

LOL beat me to it
in the picture you will see my wagon on the left and my project one on the right.. if you look closely you will see it sits lower and a little to the right which means the spring was already broken when I bought it

[Image: DSCF0001.jpg]
Wasnt aware of the extended spring warranty either.... good to know.
yup one of my springs cracked on the last day of my warranty, the dealer replaced it no problems...