FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Kamping - 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the summer fast approaching, I think it's a good time to start thinking forward to the semi-annual camping trip to Algonquin.

It's a great time to hang with friends, tell stories, and enjoy a few drinks...

This event is open to all FC members and their friends/family.

When: Friday June 17 - Sunday June 19th, 2011
Where: Pog Lake, Algonquin Park, Radio Free
Why?: why not...

The last couple of years, this event has shrunk some, but I know some folks are still interested, so we're opening it back up this year.

We'll organize a cruise to the campground, a hike or two, and an opportunity or two for some pics...

I've reserved my site... #209
[Image: attachment.php?aid=256]

So who else is in?
Is this place kid friendly?
I would love to go. cost involved?
Very kid friendly. It's Algonquin Park. The wife and I went a few years back and had a very peaceful weekend. I hear the hikes can be hours long though. I'll see if I can dig up my pic's.

[Image: IMG_1652.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1635.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1607.jpg]

Just before leaving for this trip I got a new set of tires installed on my car. The mechanic used his impact to mount the wheels back on my car. This is what I found just after getting on HWY 11 southbound. Let's just say it was a slow ride home.

[Image: IMG_1658.jpg]
Oh yeah... cost

yes, it's kid friendly... though, you may wish to get a site a little further away from mine as the adults sometimes hang out and have a few drinks late into the evening.

if you wish to join me at my site in the evening, I charge one bundle of wood for the fire.

Everyone is expected to book their own site -- the cost is about $90/site -- share sites and save money...
this sounds like it could be fun, im in, ill probably bring 2 focus (mine and my brothers)
I'll try and make it this year. I have missed the last 2 or 3 times and I'm pissed everytime I do.
seriously dude, you gotta get out to one.. they're tonnes of fun!
Its a riot.
I should be able to make it this year and should be in a bit better shape for hiking.
I might just have to meet u with you guys as you get hwy 60... Been to pog lake before, would love to make it out.
I take it no-one took my offer for Wasi Lake seriously? Oh well, hopefully that weekend we're at the trailer and we can swing down for the day once or twice.

I have an alternate site for you guys (everything is confirmed, take possession May 1st) with about the same amount of driving time, WAY less people, same great type of locale and probably less cost.

I'm going to put up a new catch-all thread about it.
I might be up for it but I'm likely not going to be driving the Focus. Blush
^-- sparky, I fit everything 2 people need to kamp in style in the ol' vert.. you have plenty more room and horseys to make it camping.

Just don't park too close to my car -- it might wet itself.
Me and Adam may shoot by for the Saturday. Planning on bringing my mountain bike for running around in.
Less than 2 weeks away! Anthony, Jeremy, you guys comin' or what?
Yup, Oscar and I will stage out of Wasi Friday night and head down that way Saturday. An hour's run, max.
Hey guys.
Doesn't look like I'll make it this year.
With selling the house, our weekends are prime time packing time.

Even with movers, and our compulsion for organization, there's still a crap load of stuff to do.
^---- boooo!

Let's hit a jays game or something soon.

I'm still going, but I'm stuck in the office all day tomorrow, so I'll be getting there in the evening. I'm sending the girlfriend up earlier tho, so I'm hoping there'll be a fire, and a cold beer for me when I get there.

looking forward to getting there and catching up with whoever's coming up!

Party at site 209 -- admission is one bundle of firewood Big Grin