FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: SAT IN THE NEW FOCUS HATCH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Nice car....

But 30k?

A WRX was only 33k

No thanks....
i still have a hard time fitting my fat ass in a WRX...
Is the ST going to hit $40k? The current build and price loaded hit $36k. Yikes
David
what does it start at? i know vw went cheap with thier cars while Ford went upscale. Wonder what will be the outcome in the long run.
Ford brought out the Festiva for the el cheapos and to increase the overall price of the Focus. personally, I think the new Focus looks like old lady droopy saggy ass. since they got away from the two door hatch and the lack of a wagon that could be made decent, the sedan, well, I've said it all along, is not a great looking car for the younger crowd. For Mom and Grandma, okay. But I hate the car as a four door.
I really like the new focus and how it looks. The fiesta was a fun car to drive for the couple weeks I drove one, and it seemed pretty well built. My only complaint would be the 1.6 engine in it and the electric steering feeling notchy coming off centre..
<Flame suit on...>

Holy Fawk, after listening to you guys crying for the past 6 years about "bububu we don't get the good stuff that Europe gets" I kept saying "be careful what you wish for because you're going to have to PAY for it".

Now a base Focus sedan starts at $15,999 and a base hatch starts at $19,899 BEFORE ANY INCENTIVES so stop comparing a fairly loaded Focus to a WRX that STARTS at $32G and runs to $44G.

No wonder Ford doesn't want to bring the ST here, bunch of whiny tightwads. lol

<.../rant off>
I would have bought that last gen euro Focus ST or RS that we didn't get, I'm not a big fan of the new whale shark looking front end on the new Focus.

Plus the no 2/3 door thing kinda sucks, I've always thought that a hatch looks better in 2 door.

Now this is a sexy hatch!
[Image: focus-rs-6.jpg]
I'd almost be tempted to trade in the old stang for an ST when they land... granted, I'm going to miss the sun a bit more...
(03-01-2011, 04:33 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]<Flame suit on...>

Holy Fawk, after listening to you guys crying for the past 6 years about "bububu we don't get the good stuff that Europe gets" I kept saying "be careful what you wish for because you're going to have to PAY for it".

Now a base Focus sedan starts at $15,999 and a base hatch starts at $19,899 BEFORE ANY INCENTIVES so stop comparing a fairly loaded Focus to a WRX that STARTS at $32G and runs to $44G.

No wonder Ford doesn't want to bring the ST here, bunch of whiny tightwads. lol

<.../rant off>

well said my good sir.

you pay a premium for the european quality that is in the new focus. it is leaps and bounds ahead of the last gen that we all love. i personally dont care what the price tag is, all i know is i will own an ST in the near future as a daily driver once my car is paid off. whether i get a model that is 1 or 2 years old it doesnt matter but im willing to pay for what we all have been waiting for ill say that much.

I'd be willing to pay more for the RS.. but the ST may have to suffice.
(03-01-2011, 04:33 PM)OAC_Sparky Wrote: [ -> ]<Flame suit on...>

<.../rant off>

well said.

exactly why i said the rs would never come here. no one will pay that kind of dough for a focus.
For me the trick is whether I can actually use the car's controls safely and whether the thing is fun to drive (I had to work on the Fusion to get it there and still have some work to do)

I've never gotten a clear shot of the steering column in the new Focus yet to know whether Ford has kept to the single stalk for the wipers and turn signals on the left side which works out perfectly for me (MyFord Touch is a given for me in any new Ford product I buy at this point and the push button start is likely bundled in with that anyways) The suspension seems to be only set up for maximum fun on the Titanium model anyhow. As to the RS, no manumatic option so I'm SOL

Scary to think though that the Focus will cost as much loaded to the gills as the Fusion did when I bought it in '08 before the markets crashed (also loaded to the gills minus NAV)

The Fiesta is a non starter for me, it was like squeezing into a rubber wetsuit so unless the Focus is much better, I'd probably end up having to stay in the Fusion size class (which as is likely will grow again when it is redesigned in 2012/13)

NefCanuck
the fiesta was way to slim for my build. a nice care nonetheless... just not for me.
The focus I found really nice. I love the design, the controls, and all the gadgets. Its just a shock to the ol' system when you've known the focus to be an entry level car your whole life.

The focus was a good, cheap semi-reliable car.... now it's a good reliable car.
(03-01-2011, 09:00 AM)NoiSeeVT Wrote: [ -> ]Is the ST going to hit $40k? The current build and price loaded hit $36k. Yikes
David

If its $40k for the new ST I don't think they will move many. Direct compition is the GTI & MS3 which each run around $35k give or take. Never mind the WRX which includes AWD in that price range.
It'll be 02-04 with the SVTf all over again. Sad

I know if I was dropping $40k on a new Ford in 2012 the badge on the side would be a chrome 5.0, not a ghey ST.
I know where my Ford $$$ will be spent ont he next car.

Probably the Taurus SHO or it's Lincoln equivalent if i can afford it.

Now that's a fun car to drive.
(03-02-2011, 04:23 AM)ANTHONYD Wrote: [ -> ]the fiesta was way to slim for my build. a nice care nonetheless... just not for me.
The focus I found really nice. I love the design, the controls, and all the gadgets. Its just a shock to the ol' system when you've known the focus to be an entry level car your whole life.

The focus was a good, cheap semi-reliable car.... now it's a good reliable car.

I think if you look at the Focii that are in the low 20's they're still going to be as optioned out as well as their current counterparts. People forget that the ST I bought 6 years ago has only marginally more power than what the '12 SE has, has worse gas mileage and is similarly optioned out.

It stickered for $25,500

You cannot expect cars to be $13,000 forever.
(03-02-2011, 07:21 AM)SVT ZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I know if I was dropping $40k on a new Ford in 2012 the badge on the side would be a chrome 5.0, not a ghey ST.

Done ...
I agree with Sparky 100%. We all bitched for years, and now it's here. I might have a wicked change of heart and get one after I get the truck paid off - and demote the 2000 to a track day car.

I mean, wtf. For under $25Gs you get a hatch (screw the sedan, sorry fellas) and you can either row the gears yourself or order the DSG-esque Powershift transmission. You can even upgrade the base SE hatch with the "sport" package and get 16s right away for cheap.

Tuning? Just get a base SE. Want nicely done out of the box? Get the Titanium.

We asked for Euro, we got it. I may not get the ST (although time will tell), but at least we have competent options now - unlike the minor rewarm from 2005-07 or the WTF from 2008-11.

Actually, I just checked the Ford site again. They're offering 17s as a dealer option even on the SE. I'd order the sport package for the rear disc brakes and the rest of the upgrades, then haggle something out about upgrading to the 17s. Then, build from there (unless you want more interior toys - just start with the SEL then).

EDIT - just checked the specs page. Even the base SE comes with a rear anti-roll bar. Full upgradeability from the factory. Thank you Ford! And 4-wheel discs are standard on the SEL. Plenty of options if you want to dive in, fellas.
(03-02-2011, 12:17 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I know where my Ford $$$ will be spent ont he next car.

Not based on what the Ford dealer said (Of the Taurus SHO)

"Great in a straight line, not so much in the curves"

NefCanuck
(03-03-2011, 02:06 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2011, 12:17 PM)meford4u Wrote: [ -> ]I know where my Ford $$$ will be spent ont he next car.

Not based on what the Ford dealer said (Of the Taurus SHO)

"Great in a straight line, not so much in the curves"

NefCanuck

One of our managers here at work has one, and he drives it year-round. He loves the acceleration, but he's had some electrical gremlins with it. He thought he got rid of the gremlins when he got rid of his F250 King Ranch. Seems they jumped ship. It's a nice ride, tho. More of a cruiser than a tourer, even.
Pages: 1 2 3