FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: right purple fog is out already!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, last weekend, my lovely purple fog light decided to burn out already, only after having them in for about a month. Msged the guy on ebay I bought them from and they are willing to replace the darn thing whether it be the ballast or actual bulb. I'm still so pissed about this. (guy promised me on ebay that they were plug and play and when I got them they had wires hanging out of them)

so now, i'm debating whether to get under the car(with the help of my bf) and see what the problem is, or spend more money into getting a new set of fog lights that are specifically plug and play for my focus. There is a place in Richmond hill called Max Rotor that my bf got his hid fogs for his SC'd cobalt from and they haven't given him any issues. Any one care to help me out on what I should do?

Also, bought some silver star high performance bulbs for my headlights as my stock ones are s**t and I hate them lol but i want to get my hands on a pair of halo projectors. Been looking on ebay, but i'm afraid that they are NOT plug and play as all of the sellers say they are.
there is no such thing as plug and play model specific for HID's with your bulb type.

what they have for fog light bulbs like the focus has is 2 male connectors that you plug into your harness. unless you buy VERY expensive lights you will not get around this. they are still plug and play as you dont have to cut and splice, but they are not full out plugs.

we have HID's are performance improvements that are regular 109$ for the fog lights, can likely get them in the purple but id have to check and they come with 1 year warranty and the best part is... being local

as for the headlight housings, all of them are plug and play. they use the same plug on them that the factory housings carry, the only difference is usually different bulb types, however they come with a "factory" style bulb in them to start with.

hope this helps you
any indication when bulb was going out?
was it flickering and went out completely dead?
or when you turn on fog light, do you here loud buzzing(more like arcing) kinda like noise try to stay on and off??

i would try swap left bulb to right side to see if it is bulb problem or ballast.
one more thing though, try wiggle connectors, actual pin might came out of connectors.
Sounds just like cheap bulbs to me.
I've had numerous amounts of different fog light bulbs in my car and the only one's that last longer than a few weeks are oem.
i got hid technologies and have replaced 2 ballists already and they both have now died so im throwing them out and getting some from my work...lumina..i believe the same as jamie..there a good unit...the dealer comes to our work all the time to help customers with issues and sometimes will spend a day at our shop installing them so you no there done right...
I bought a set from sharphid last year, no issues yet....
Nope, there was no indication of my fog flickering or anything. My friend drove by me and msged me saying my right fog was out.

I know a place where I might be able to get plug and play fog lights.