FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Radio Wiring Kit for 2005 ZX5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone

I am looking into buying a new head unit for my car. I years past I have never had a problem cutting the old radio connector off because I never had a choice. However there seems to be a lot of wiring adaptors available today for most vehicles so I figured I would get one for my new radio. Unfortunately I have not found one yet for my '05.

Does anyone know who makes a wiring adapter for the radio in my 2005 Focus ZX5?

I would also really like to keep using the steering column controls.

I have looked at Canadian Tire, Walmart, Future Shop and 2001. No luck so far in store or online.
all those places should have them. look for a wiring harness for an 07 f150 or edge aswell because they use the same head units.
Your looking for a Metra part # 70-5520
Good to know.

Am looking at decks on the Crutchfield web site. Anyone know anything about these guys? They seems to have a lot of options. I have not had a lot of luck finding what I want in my car yet.

I hate knobs for volume and that is all anyone locally in carrying.

90% of decks these days are like that. you will only find a +/- button on some of the lower end older decks like the older sony's for one.

crutchfield is a great website to shop on, however you might be further ahead reading on their site and going to future shop or best buy to pick the desired unit up from.

the higher end stereo shops tho always have far superior decks, not just the quick moving high volume ones, so if your looking for something more specialized, check out a local Stereo shop for sure. i love FM in brantford over anyone, my favourite for sure for customer service
I was just doing some reading on the steering wheel controls for aftermarket stereos.

I am not sure if this is true of my vehicle with the column mounted audio controls... but are they wireless?

If an aftermarket radio has the steering wheel controls built it... does that mean they will work with most manufacturers steering wheel or column controls?

you can get mounting kit and wiring harness from fs/bb.

depends on which aftermarket headunit u r getting, there is pac audio, axxess make steering wheel adaptor available for focus.

you won't get it from walmart and canadian tire because they have no idea what it is..future shop/best buy won't sell it to you unless you are letting them do install.
(03-08-2011, 03:07 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]90% of decks these days are like that. you will only find a +/- button on some of the lower end older decks like the older sony's for one.

crutchfield is a great website to shop on, however you might be further ahead reading on their site and going to future shop or best buy to pick the desired unit up from.

the higher end stereo shops tho always have far superior decks, not just the quick moving high volume ones, so if your looking for something more specialized, check out a local Stereo shop for sure. i love FM in brantford over anyone, my favourite for sure for customer service

uhm... my JVC KW-NT1 had flat +/- buttons. They were touch with no feedback. TBH I really, really don't like it. But, it's not just on lower end decks as I consider mine to be 'up there'
i said 90% of decks LOL

that doesnt mean all are low end, just barely any with that style of controls anymore
i actually bought this one because it didnt have a knob. its slow to change volume though, thats the big negative.
not to jack this. but is it common with lower end decks being able to use the steering wheel controls.

my stock 6 disk in my svt has started acting up. i was just gona put a single disk focus cd player but was unsure if i would retain my steering wheel controls.

id upgrade but id want it to look stock/clean im not a fan of the flashy s**t u see now-a-days

lol and ya this would be for my "for sale" svt lol
lower end might may not have steering wheel control ready.