FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2011 GT 5.0 shift knob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i need to replace my shift knob with or with out the sale of my car as it is in poor condition. i want to replace it with a ford part. so im thinking 2011 gt 5.0 mustang one its black and silver and has the same 6 speed setup as the svt.

i think its the one you get with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Package (401A) on the 2011 stang.

dose any one know it they are the same thread as my svt?

also can any one get a part number?

[Image: 2011_ford_mustang_gt_5_0_convertible_31_cd_gallery.jpg]

thanks
Just go to a dealer and twist one off. If you find a cool salesman it shouldn't be a problem.
(03-12-2011, 09:42 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]i think its the one you get with the Premier Trim with Color Accent Package (401A) on the 2011 stang.

No, that's the one you get with the 400A trim; it's the one that comes on mine. I have the 401A one I bought it (and the boot)

It looks like this:
[Image: IMAG0107.jpg]

Go to a wrecker and get a used knob if you're selling the car. It's nearly $200 for the knob and $70 for the boot in Canada (I paid $135 for both in the US). Don't think it's the same thread either.
if you have a skilled friend could maybe have it machined?
Thanks hardkore. That's the one.
(03-13-2011, 03:04 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]This knob you want?
http://focus.c-f-m.com/leather6-speedshi...focus.aspx