FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: NOTTO® SE - Complete HID Conversion Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok the heck with halogen bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with this conversion kit? good or bad. Would it void my warranty, and why does it come with an optional relay.

Thanks
(03-19-2011, 04:44 PM)Bullet74 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok the heck with halogen bulbs. Does anyone have any experience with this conversion kit? good or bad. Would it void my warranty, and why does it come with an optional relay.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with this kit (do you have a link?) ... but the purpose of a relay is to protect your car's headlight switch and wiring, and to provide direct voltage to the HID's without any drop from going through your headlight switch and wiring.

For more info on this check out Daniel Stern's info on headlight relays ... I did this mod to my Mystique years ago and it improved the lighting immensely.
Nice link Ken! Maybe I'll try that this summer seeing as at night I can't see squat.
Do i need to have projectors for hid's or can i use them in the original light housing?
I would make the switch to MACH headlight assemblies, or something similar made in the aftermarket. The regular lense and reflectors were NOT meant for the type of light output of an HID. Granted, there are tons of vehicles with regular lights and HID bulbs in them driving around more and more, but they have nothing but glare, and splash light all over the place, due to the cut-off angles of the reflectors and lenses. Also, a lot of folks will get HID lights that are too high in colour temperature, and actually see LESS when the ground is wet or fog covered.

I was going to do an HID conversion on my Escape, but now I'm not going to bother until there are some proper assemblies made for it.

Anyways, best of luck to you, and let us know what you decide!
Interesting read about relays. It looks as if I have a wiring project when it warms up.