FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Question for the guys who are working out.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys.
As some of you know, I've been hitting the gym on a regular basis. I've also shelled out the fazzols to have a trainer kick my ass 3 days a week. I have to say, I have never felt better. I lost weight, but have now begun to gain muscle, so things I think are going well. I'm eating like a champ too. (always hungry)

Here's my question:
What do you guys do for the pain after a good work out. I did my legs last week and barely make it up the stairs, I did my arms 2 days ago and as I sit here typing this, it's all I can do not to cry. My arms are stuck in the ILS position, and I never ever way to be "that guy.". Lol.

My trainer told me this would happen for the first few workouts because of the lack of stamina in my muscles.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good pain, something I find myself craving. It's the 2 days a week with no sleep that is possing me off.

Help! Or I'll crush you. Lol
Ibuprofen is your friend...

Hit the ibuprofen, and if you still have money left over from the trainer, go see a massage therapist -- and not one of those cheesy upper floor apartment ones with the neon 'shiatsu' sign.

Other than that, you should wrap whatever you just recently worked out immediately following your workout and for a day or so after your workout. Then you can do some light stretching. After a couple of days, hit it with some warmth.

If you find it particularily distracting, throw some Myoflex on the joints -- then you'll have something else to complain about. (tip: don't EVER try to wash off myoflex).

Keep it up, in a few weeks, you won't have the horrible pain anymore and should recover quickly from your workouts.

good luck man. I need to start hitting the weights again, I'm just now getting my running distance up.. it's hard after a lapse.

now to time how long it takes for Nos to hit you with the muscle hack sales pitch Tongue...
Hot tub + Cold Beer. Works wonders.
Stretch it out some after each workout, and a bit each day afterward. Ibuprofen is your friend, but so is a nice hot shower / bath to relax the muscles - depending on the target area. Not TOO hot, but enough to relax them.

It'll get better and easier to deal with over the coming days.

Ultimately if you're training for strength / muscle mass, you'll feel it a couple of days later or so depending on the intensity, length and rotational intervals of your workouts. I'm on a 5-day cycle right now with one major area worked per day... it normally takes me 2 days after the fact to really feel it in each area.
Get ur wife to ride you till the cows come home.
I added some in your FB already but swimming pool and hot tub work great as well.
Thanks boys.
I bought some ibuprofen and it seems to help a bit.
I was fine the day of, and the day after, almost no pain. The 2nd day after my workouts? Holy crap.

My elbows are stuck in a permanent bend leaving my hands out in front of me. I look like a douche.

I'm in to do it all over again to my legs tonight. UGH.
Feeeel the buuuurn
Thing is, if you're forcing your muscles to do things that they've never done before, there are bound to be some "consequences" as your muscle tissues are stretched, torn and rebuilt stronger than before.

My leg muscles get so chewed up some days under this new regimen I'm on that I walk worse than I normally do for a few days afterward Sad

NefCanuck
(03-23-2011, 01:10 PM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Thing is, if you're forcing your muscles to do things that they've never done before, there are bound to be some "consequences" as your muscle tissues are stretched, torn and rebuilt stronger than before.

My leg muscles get so chewed up some days under this new regimen I'm on that I walk worse than I normally do for a few days afterward Sad

NefCanuck

You'll be buildng them up stronger in no time then, Dan. Keep at it man!

Remember guys, muscles aren't built in the gym. They're built in the kitchen - and bed! Now tell the wife / g/f that and tell her to support that on both fronts! Wink
your actually suffering from DOMS (delayed onset muscle sorness)
Drink more beer. Solves everything.

Your welcome