FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New treads for the Escape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...and now I can do all the guts on the Focus: slave cylinder, uprated clutch, LSD, lightweight flywheel. We're also going to tear the head off of the block, inspect everything, maybe leave it apart and do lots of nasty stuff with it - higher-comp pistons, high-speed valvetrain, upgraded hotter cams, adj. cam gears.

I keep weighing all of this out in my mind and the thing I love about a NA build is that I can put it back on the road almost immediately and just keep adding to it / re-tuning it. At a fraction of the cost of where I'd be to start with a turbo build.

Let the teardown begin!

Oh yeah, pic of the truck. Right. Tongue

[Image: th_IMG00021-20110325-1312.jpg]

Oh, and as for the ride height - I need to leave it there so I can fit my 30.5" Winterforce tires on there. If I was rocking OEM OD all of the way around, I'd probably drop it an inch - and still have plenty of ground clearance.
Looks good Adam!
Thanks Ryan! Pictures really don't do it justice - at least not when taken on my BB. Will give it a wash later this week as things warm up and I'll snap some more with the DSLR.