FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chrysler, Ford, Gm Top 3 Sales In February
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you heard the news? For car sales in Canada for the month of february
Chrysler was #1 with 11,923. Ford #2 with 11,854 sales, and GM #3 with 11,381 sales.

Toyota ranked 4th with 9,421 sales and Honda ranked 5th with 6,912 sales.

Huh... interesting.
well they are practically giving them away.

Friend bought an 08 Town and country with all the toys for 23$, price was originally 48$.

Pontiac has started giving 3yrs maintenance+2yrs XM and Onstar free with every car. Sad part is GM might not be around for that long.
^^ Yup, my boss just bought an 08 Buick Allure CXL as a "cheap" 2nd car for his family (his wife has an 08 08 Chevy Uplander, loaded). It was used with 13K on it. Guess how much:

$16,500!

Sure, it's used but WOW. Those cars were significantly more this time last year, even used. New ones were going for like $21,000 - $24,000 - significantly less than the GM website says.
cornflakes,Mar 5 2009, 07:29 PM Wrote:Have you heard the news?  For car sales in Canada for the month of february
Chrysler was #1 with 11,923.  Ford #2 with 11,854 sales, and GM #3 with 11,381 sales. 

Toyota ranked 4th with 9,421 sales and Honda ranked 5th with 6,912 sales.
[right][snapback]282195[/snapback][/right]

Here's some additional detail on February results from Ford of Canada's perspective ...

Sales vs. Feb last year:

Ford down 15.5%
GM down 56.5%
Chrysler down 27.0%
Honda down 41.7%
Toyota down 25.5%

Ford of Canada's February estimated combined share of industry is 14.5%, up 2.1 ppts. vs. SPLY

Ford of Canada's February estimated retail share of industry is 10.9%, up 1.8 ppts. vs. SPLY

Ford Canada's Best Selling Brand – Beat Toyota for the 4th month in a row!

Achieved #1 Nameplate – F-Series

Achieved Best Selling Small Utility

Achieved Best Selling Pickup

F-150 Leads U8500-GVW Segment

F-Series outselling Silverado / Sierra Combined

Best Selling Compact Pickup

Best Selling Brand of SUV's

Best Selling Brand of SUV's and CUV's combined

Interesting numbers Ken, but it begs the question, if the JApanese automakers had been discounting as heavily as the domestics, would their numbers be as bad?

I would suggest that if either Toyota or Honda papered their sales as heavily, you'd see much different results.

But then again, more sales for Ford, more work for our friends here eh? :P

NefCanuck
Looks like a "dead cat bounce" to me. :P

But, this is why I'm seriously considering shopping for new car now, even though my wagon is still in pretty good shape. I figure the Focus is good for another two years. By that time (assuming the economy has recovered) there will be huge pent up demand and the stealerships will be trying to recoup their losses.

Ivan MacKenzie.
One of my Co-Workers had a 2006 Mustang GT, and he just traded it in for an 08 Shelby GT500 Convertible. He did it because he got the 500 for around $42K, all said and done...discounted from the $63K Campbell Ford wanted for it 6-9 months ago. He said he's going to keep this car longterm, and only drive it on sunny days in the summer.

There are a lot of crazy deals out now...08 Explorer Eddie Bauers and Limiteds, with V8's and RSC going for like $26K, instead of the $40K + they were a year ago...

Huge deals on other Domestics all over the place in Ottawa and the Valley. A LOT of people that I work with are thinking of taking advantage of the deals, and buying a new or newer car from the Detroit 3, something they hadn't even considered 6 months ago.

Thanks for the Info though!
honestly you should see it from my stand point from where I work and how the the detroit three are selling off their lease returns, in the last 4 weeks it's been amzing as cars from them sell very well, and the dealers snap them up like you have no idea, but here are some avarages I've seen at work over the last 4 weeks.

Ford avarages 80% usually and now 97% or higher
Gm avarage 67% usually and now 96% or higher
Chrysler avarage 76% usually and now 98% or higher.

I have noticed though that honda and toyota sales remain the same at my work on avarage of about 63%

I think the used car market must be doing well as a result of all the good deals out there.