FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 100 k service interval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
my focus is coming up to 100k service interval, which I plan on having Ford Stealership to do it. I want to take the last chance of having stuff replace under warranty, I had wheel bearing replaced under warranty over christmas.

so what is involved in it? car is 07 zx3 D20. what are the basic things involved/replaced?

when do you change the timing belt? is the engine interfiering or non interfiering?
- how bout the accessory belts?

thanks.
(04-02-2011, 09:28 PM)patrick23 Wrote: [ -> ]my focus is coming up to 100k service interval, which I plan on having Ford Stealership to do it. I want to take the last chance of having stuff replace under warranty, I had wheel bearing replaced under warranty over christmas.

so what is involved in it? car is 07 zx3 D20. what are the basic things involved/replaced?

when do you change the timing belt? is the engine interfiering or non interfiering?

thanks.

Def an interference engine ... pretty sure it's a timing chain vs. belt ... if you only had one bearing replaced, how far behind could the other three be??? that's something definitely want to check.

Depending on your relationship with the dealer you might want to in a friendly way thank them for their past service and mention that this is the last time they will be seeing you ... and therefore if there's any warranty work at all they think you might need, this is the time for them to do it.

As to the actual work to be done ... there should be a list somewhere on the internet ...

Good luck

l just bought a 2003 focus wagon ztw and l need a owners manual,,where do l get one or download one?
(04-09-2011, 01:18 AM)garythewolf Wrote: [ -> ]l just bought a 2003 focus wagon ztw and l need a owners manual,,where do l get one or download one?

Get yer owners manuals here.
Just a quick point that those manuals are for US spec cars. While there aren't many differences between the US and Canada versions, there are some important ones, especially dealing with warranty coverage (If applicable) so check with your local dealer as well.

NefCanuck
(04-02-2011, 09:28 PM)patrick23 Wrote: [ -> ]my focus is coming up to 100k service interval, which I plan on having Ford Stealership to do it. I want to take the last chance of having stuff replace under warranty, I had wheel bearing replaced under warranty over christmas.

thanks.

Timing Chain is good for 200,000KM and some places say it is a lifetime chain. Ya right...
Trany Fluid and Filter if an Auto
Coolant Fluid
Oil Fluid and Filter
Fuel Filter
Inspect Brakes
Check Suspension (visual and the good old shake the car and listen for squeaks)
And what most people never do... Take your door panels off and spray some anti-rust fluid in the bottom of the doors. Or just take it to a Rust Check.