FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mazdaspeed 3 Turbo & Manifold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering if the 08 mazdaspeed 3 exhaust manifold would bolt on to my duratec?

If need be I could re-fab it a little to fit.

I have a chance to get the turbo and manifold from an 08 speed 3 for really cheap.
hmm thats a tuff one I say take off your header and compare the two and check for clearence issues. Maybe someone of FF in the duratec section has tried this before I'd ask down there.
I don't want to buy it and take off my header and then find out it doesn't fit.

I've searched on FJ and FF but can't find anyone else who's even thought about it.
So don't buy it till you test it tell the seller to come over one day you rip out ur header and test fit it if it works great buy it if not give the seller a beer and thank him for his time lol.
Well ... the MazdaSpeed and the Ford Duratec 2.3 use the same exhaust gasket (eg: FelPro MS96656) and according to a number of Ford parts lookups, the D23 and D20 can also use the same exhaust manifold gasket ... so odds are at least the bolt patterns are the same, for whatever that's worth.
If you can get it cheap buy it.....worst case you'll resell it to some of the mazda guys.

i have a stock exhaust manifold you can compare with for size and such. let me know, and ill give it to you for comparison with the intake and grab it back whenever
Thanks guys!

It's actually in a scrap yard atm so I can't really go grab it and see, I'd have to pay for the guys to take it off so I can test fit or see if it is the same bolt pattern.

I am most likely going to pass on it for now, but I know there will be more available soon.
castone,Mar 18 2010, 10:03 PM Wrote:Thanks guys!

It's actually in a scrap yard atm so I can't really go grab it and see, I'd have to pay for the guys to take it off so I can test fit or see if it is the same bolt pattern.

I am most likely going to pass on it for now, but I know there will be more available soon.
[right][snapback]303555[/snapback][/right]

so theres a hole mazda speed there?

^^^ Yeah B)
castone,Mar 19 2010, 10:48 AM Wrote:^^^ Yeah B)
[right][snapback]303570[/snapback][/right]

is this at nicklins?
Nah it's at a wreckers in Queensville, Ontario.
i herd that mazda speed hubs/rotors will go on a svt?