FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Borrow: SVTF Catalytic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the subject says, I need a SVTF Catalytic or ORP, for a week or two. My current highflow had a catastrphic failure and is being replaced but I need to mail it out for this.

Even a busted up broken smashed in Catalytic is fine....as long as it fits SVTF.

Thanks guys,

Kevin.
I may have what you need. I have an ORP that I use when my hi-flow cat cracks. What is the exact length of the piece you need?
The cat portion looks the same as it is connected to my SVT header but it is a lot shorter as the back end is connected to a Zetec style flex pipe. My hi-flow cat cracked twice in the same place as yours.
(04-07-2011, 05:56 AM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]The cat portion looks the same as it is connected to my SVT header but it is a lot shorter as the back end is connected to a Zetec style flex pipe. My hi-flow cat cracked twice in the same place as yours.

Man that's discouraging ... Kevin I was planning on buying that very same hi-flow cat this spring ... do you think it's workmanship or materials ... how was that guy for dealing with the problem. Do you think he could come up with an easy fix?

And, oh yeah ... I have a stock SVT cat you could borrow with the caveat being I'm in Brampton, you're in Whitby / DVP-Eg, and my cat is in storage in Campbellville and I'm going away for the weekend.

If you haven't got one in the next couple of days I'll see what I can do.
I have a RT highflow cat you can borrow. The core or the cat is destroyed but who cares. I'm in Scarborough , pm me with your contact info.

Terry
(04-07-2011, 08:08 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2011, 05:56 AM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]The cat portion looks the same as it is connected to my SVT header but it is a lot shorter as the back end is connected to a Zetec style flex pipe. My hi-flow cat cracked twice in the same place as yours.

Man that's discouraging ... Kevin I was planning on buying that very same hi-flow cat this spring ... do you think it's workmanship or materials ... how was that guy for dealing with the problem. Do you think he could come up with an easy fix?

That spot in the cat must take a lot of stress as it is near the flex. (The flex was not doing its job?) Mind you, I had this part on the car for about 7 years of daily driving. The manufacturer was willing to fix it for me but I had to have the part shipped down to North Carolina. I had a buddy of mine weld it for me for free.
Domonic the guy that welded it up for me is going to fix it, I just need to ship it there. He'll weld in a replacement cat.