FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Watkins Glen - May 30-31st
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I intend to sign up for a 2 day lapping event at Watkins Glen and I wonder If anyone else wants to come along . The trick is the early registration ends april the 15th and the cost is $435 , after that is $485 .There are still a few garage bays available . I've been there last year and I had a blast . Great track, longer than Mosport International ( 5 kms)and in my opinion better suited for low hp cars such as mine . The track goes up and down and you can get alot of momentum down hill .
So if anyone who hasn't been there wants to join me , please pm me before thursday night so we can send in the application forms in the same envelope . There are instructors provided for novices . For more info , please check out this http://phoenixcmr.com/default.html
(04-11-2011, 10:39 AM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]I intend to sign up for a 2 day lapping event at Watkins Glen and I wonder If anyone else wants to come along . The trick is the early registration ends april the 15th and the cost is $435 , after that is $485 .There are still a few garage bays available . I've been there last year and I had a blast . Great track, longer than Mosport International ( 5 kms)and in my opinion better suited for low hp cars such as mine . The track goes up and down and you can get alot of momentum down hill .
So if anyone who hasn't been there wants to join me , please pm me before thursday night so we can send in the application forms in the same envelope . There are instructors provided for novices . For more info , please check out this http://phoenixcmr.com/default.html

I was there 2 years ago with the NY BMW Club and I can confirm that not only is this one of the most historic tracks in North America, it is definitely one of the best ... and although I prefer Mosport because I know it better, I'll do Watkins Glen anytime I can.

If I can get the supercharged engine that came from the red car into the silver car in time, I will be going ... trying to do 5 or 6 track weekends this year.

I'll let you know Gabe if I'm doing this one and perhaps we can caravan down - it may be a last-minute decision though. It would be good to compare the SVT to a SC ZX5.
I am pretty sure the supercharger will make a big difference against my n/a svt . Low end torque plus higher hp . You should have easily 200hp with the SC . I just had my car dynoed saturday and it put down 151.2 whp . Let's keep in touch then .
hm i may have to get in on this too, i can spare 500 bones (only 50 bucks difference anyway) - but like ken it might be a last minute thing. is a helmet needed? and is it across the border?
(04-11-2011, 11:31 AM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure the supercharger will make a big difference against my n/a svt . Low end torque plus higher hp . You should have easily 200hp with the SC . I just had my car dynoed saturday and it put down 151.2 whp . Let's keep in touch then .

Yeah, you're right about that Gabe ... the s/c Focus runs considerably faster than my Fusion did (+20 kph at the top of the back straight at Mosport!) ... so considering that over an entire session there wasn't much difference between my Fusion and your SVT the last time we ran together, I'd say the s/c probably gives me a bit of an advantage - especially in conjunction with the Torsen LSD.
Spinal - it seems to be in NY State
I'd love to try this, but unfortunately I have a prior commitment that weekend (Doing a charity auction)

Anybody thinking of doing the Redline Rendevous at Mosport in August this year?

NefCanuck
yes , helmet is mandatory , Snell 2000 and up . trust me , it is an awesome track .

(04-11-2011, 01:52 PM)Spinal Wrote: [ -> ]hm i may have to get in on this too, i can spare 500 bones (only 50 bucks difference anyway) - but like ken it might be a last minute thing. is a helmet needed? and is it across the border?

I don't have LSD either . Oh well , if you win , you win , I'll try to do better next time . But all in all it's important to have fun .

(04-12-2011, 01:42 AM)ZTWsquared Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-11-2011, 11:31 AM)Gabriel Wrote: [ -> ]I am pretty sure the supercharger will make a big difference against my n/a svt . Low end torque plus higher hp . You should have easily 200hp with the SC . I just had my car dynoed saturday and it put down 151.2 whp . Let's keep in touch then .

Yeah, you're right about that Gabe ... the s/c Focus runs considerably faster than my Fusion did (+20 kph at the top of the back straight at Mosport!) ... so considering that over an entire session there wasn't much difference between my Fusion and your SVT the last time we ran together, I'd say the s/c probably gives me a bit of an advantage - especially in conjunction with the Torsen LSD.

Yeah , I am hoping to make it there .
(04-12-2011, 04:40 AM)NefCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to try this, but unfortunately I have a prior commitment that weekend (Doing a charity auction)

Anybody thinking of doing the Redline Rendevous at Mosport in August this year?

NefCanuck