FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spring Is Right Around The Corner!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK so spring is like right around the corner and I better order my wheels soon if i want them in time for End of March or early April.

I've decided on either 16" rota slipstreams or 17" eaps. I like the rotas cuz they are lightweight and i like the look but i also like the EAPS but not thrilled about the extra weight.

So can anyone help me find a dealer who sells rotas in Ontario?

I contacted Dixie Ford and they have the EAPs there.
I vote EAP's

how much were you quoted for them from ford?
Lightweight.
cornflakes,Mar 4 2009, 09:29 PM Wrote:OK so spring is like right around the corner and I better order my wheels soon if i want them in time for End of March or early April.

I've decided on either 16" rota slipstreams or 17" eaps.  I like the rotas cuz they are lightweight and i like the look but i also like the EAPS but not thrilled about the extra weight.

[right][snapback]282146[/snapback][/right]

Avoid dealerships for primary source try tirerack.com, that is where I purchased my EAP's from, at probably a fraction of the cost of what the dealership might be charging you.

There is a reputable tire/rim dealer in Markham where I purchased my set, very happy with service & installation, they even paint your calipers and drums whatever color you want before they install your wheels for no charge!!!

Automotive Import Market
http://www.411.ca/business/Ontario/Markham...im/2968372.html

can we see a photo of your car so we can think of which one is better

i think Rotas are great......go lightweight
NikiterZTS,Mar 5 2009, 06:13 AM Wrote:can we see a photo of your car so we can think of which one is better

[right][snapback]282157[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but be careful because "lightweight" can also mean "will fold like a cheap suit after the first pothole they hit"

I'd rather carry five extra pounds per wheel on a daily driven car and be sure the wheels could survive the 401 Pothole Derby for example.

Just something to think about.

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Mar 5 2009, 09:45 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Mar 5 2009, 06:13 AM Wrote:can we see a photo of your car so we can think of which one is better

[right][snapback]282157[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but be careful because "lightweight" can also mean "will fold like a cheap suit after the first pothole they hit"

I'd rather carry five extra pounds per wheel on a daily driven car and be sure the wheels could survive the 401 Pothole Derby for example.

Just something to think about.

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]282164[/snapback][/right]

x2 about the daily driver thing ... I think this year I'll get dedicated rims and rubber for the track and keep the stockers and winters for daily driving.

I've seen some very lightweight rims for a lot less money than Rota's ... but as Daniel points out - who know's where they're made and how strong they are.

But we're talking about an 18x8 Kosei rim at 16 lbs for less than 200 US - so that's pretty attractive.
Don't buy Rota's
Before
[Image: rota0ni9.jpg]

After
[Image: rotayu3.jpg]

[Image: rim.jpg]

[Image: rimcenter.jpg]

[Image: rotasmotivator.jpg]

And Don't buy EAP from the dealer
ZX3_2NV,Mar 5 2009, 12:46 PM Wrote:Don't buy Rota's

[Image: rotasmotivator.jpg]

And Don't buy EAP from the dealer
[right][snapback]282171[/snapback][/right]

:o Oh SNAP!!!!!! :huh:
I kind of like the Rota's with the slight twist to them :)
I think the EAP's are still lighter then most stock rims. They only weigh 20.3 pounds each (tirerack info)

These are the one rim that look good on any model of Focus :D
Canadian ST,Mar 5 2009, 02:32 PM Wrote:I think the EAP's are still lighter then most stock rims. They only weigh 20.3 pounds each (tirerack info)

[right][snapback]282183[/snapback][/right]

I tottaly agree, not that Im biased or anything lol:

[Image: IMG_1490.jpg]

Dimitri,Mar 5 2009, 03:01 PM Wrote:
Canadian ST,Mar 5 2009, 02:32 PM Wrote:I think the EAP's are still lighter then most stock rims. They only weigh 20.3 pounds each (tirerack info)

[right][snapback]282185[/snapback][/right]

I agree they look good but this day and age EVERYONE has them
Dimitri,Mar 5 2009, 03:01 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]282185[/snapback][/right]
Is that your car? Looks sweet. Could/can you put the Euro rear on that car without a great deal of $$$ and modifications? That would set that car up perfectly if you could.
Dimitri,Mar 4 2009, 11:42 PM Wrote:
cornflakes,Mar 4 2009, 09:29 PM Wrote:OK so spring is like right around the corner and I better order my wheels soon if i want them in time for End of March or early April.

I've decided on either 16" rota slipstreams or 17" eaps.  I like the rotas cuz they are lightweight and i like the look but i also like the EAPS but not thrilled about the extra weight.

[right][snapback]282146[/snapback][/right]

Avoid dealerships for primary source try tirerack.com, that is where I purchased my EAP's from, at probably a fraction of the cost of what the dealership might be charging you.

There is a reputable tire/rim dealer in Markham where I purchased my set, very happy with service & installation, they even paint your calipers and drums whatever color you want before they install your wheels for no charge!!!

Automotive Import Market
http://www.411.ca/business/Ontario/Markham...im/2968372.html
[right][snapback]282150[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for that source! I'll check them out! Also thanks to "faster than u" for the rota canada link.

That's what i'm trying to figure out: i like rotas = lightweight, but EAPs are probably the overall best look for the focus. I have a cd metallic focus sedan (04). I've picture dark argent EAPs on them, black EAPs, gun metal slipstreams and/or grey/black slipstreams.

Are rotas really that cheap? If they bend, crack, twist or whatever easily for a daily driver then i should probably stay away from them. Is that why most people only use them for the track?

Holy smokes....i can't believe that picture where the rota wheels bent like that!!
castone,Mar 4 2009, 09:42 PM Wrote:I vote EAP's

how much were you quoted for them from ford?
[right][snapback]282147[/snapback][/right]

When I called back in January they quoted me:

Dark Argent $190 cdn and Black $220 cdn + $20 each tire for install.
Yeah i know, that's quite pricey! But he didn't have any dark argent in stock
yet only 1 set of black eaps. He said to call back in march when business picks up.

Meford.... yes that is my car, thank you. Right now I'm focusing on building a nice little sound system , but your idea is a pretty good one!!!

Cornflakes... Keep shopping around for prices, spring is around the corner and lot of wheel/tire shops are in anticipation of another busy season so be prepared.

You could also check out :

Wheels Direct (they can get a lot of different style rims, BUT extremely busy which means fight for space and attention at the counter lol):

http://www.wheels-direct.com/

There is also Extreme Wheel & Tire (Richmond Hill):
Extreme Wheel & Tire
11300 Yonge Street
Richmond Hill, ON L4S 1K9

Tel: (905) 770-2302

Fax: (905) 770-9752
I vote eap's... i've got a set in silver and love'em!
Dimitri,Mar 5 2009, 07:34 PM Wrote:Meford.... yes that is my car, thank you. Right now I'm focusing on building a nice little sound system , but your idea is a pretty good one!!!

Cornflakes... Keep shopping around for prices, spring is around the corner and lot of wheel/tire shops are in anticipation of another busy season so be prepared.

You could also check out :

Wheels Direct (they can get a lot of different style rims, BUT extremely busy which means fight for space and attention at the counter lol):

http://www.wheels-direct.com/

[right][snapback]282197[/snapback][/right]

I second Wheels Direct, they were great when I bought the first set of 16" rims for the Focus at the time to replace the stocker rims (BSA 192 IIRC) no issues at all with them.

NefCanuck
Pages: 1 2