FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: MKII focus RS spotted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So was delivering a vehicle back to hamilton on tuesday morning, and as i went down the 401 away from cambridge i spotted a MKII RS in Lime green at the mcdonalds on the 401. i now wish i had stopped in for breakfast as i could of gotten pictures, however it had the multispoke 19's on it, black rear wing and everything else making it look like this:

[Image: 1FordFocusRSdrive.jpg]

Anyone else see this on tuesday? it was headed east on the 401 tuesday
(04-24-2011, 05:45 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]So was delivering a vehicle back to hamilton on tuesday morning, and as i went down the 401 away from cambridge i spotted a MKII RS in Lime green at the mcdonalds on the 401. i now wish i had stopped in for breakfast as i could of gotten pictures, however it had the multispoke 19's on it, black rear wing and everything else making it look like this:

Anyone else see this on tuesday? it was headed east on the 401 tuesday

Didn't see this one ... but over the years I've seen literally dozens of Euro-Fords at Ford Canada's head office in Oakville - always with Michigan plates on them. I was told that they always have a fleet of Euro-spec on hand in Dearborn for "evaluation" ... I guess they get used by Ford execs when they travel between Dearborn and Oakville.

Edit: wasn't there a long thread on FJ or FF about a guy in the US who bought a Lime Green RS in Mexico when it was first launched?
I do remember that thread Ken. Probably another exec that was seen.
Lord have mercy ! What a beauty ! Sometimes I wish I lived in Mexico , they are poor but get the best choice of Euro and N/A vehicles . Also they don't have something I could live without : winter .

[Image: 1FordFocusRSdrive.jpg]

02ztsian

You will be able to import used cars from Mexico in a year or two.
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/...tid=129343
Here's one for 390 000 Pesos (ab. C$32K)
http://www.ooyyo.com/used-ford-Focus-mex...22489.html
I think I like the idea . Of course "We're committed to maintaining our road safety record," said Minister Strahl.Blah blah blah

(04-24-2011, 06:44 AM)02ztsian Wrote: [ -> ]You will be able to import used cars from Mexico in a year or two.
http://www.auto123.com/en/news/car-news/...tid=129343
Here's one for 390 000 Pesos (ab. C$32K)
http://www.ooyyo.com/used-ford-Focus-mex...22489.html

I use to work at the ford plant in Oakville, in the train yard. shipping yard. there's a underground garage below the plant that houses fleet issued cars from ford. I.E euro spec and projects etc. Ive seen some confusing cars being driven by the big wigs. I was there when the SHELBY's at the end of 06 were just becoming public knowledge, and they housed 3 in the garage. These cars were barely even of public knowledge when they were at the plant. it was a gift to the guys in the plant, to see the car first. as well as a ford GT that was being developed and worked on by ford, yet driven by the president of FORD canada. the new EDGE's were housed down there as well, and were all being driven before release, the finished ones of course. its defiantly a possibility that it was a Michigan car. Ive seen pic's working at SUMMIT ford, in sales of the fiesta ST which IS being built! you may see one of those next on the 401... and be like WTF...they actually cruise the prototypes on the road down in the states. so it wouldn't be a surprise to see a RS being driven from Michigan to Oakville. it probably was the case... super cool though.
Saw this colour filling up here in Sarnia with Michigan plates extremely sharp looking car
Awesome. My payments come up on the black focus this august. Should have enough saved up for an RS by the time the new law comes in.
I saw a current-gen ST this week in Santiago. I just stopped and watched it go by. I heard the driver smoked the go pedal and I smiled. People probably thought I was nuts.