FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Horrible Rs Rumours
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rumor has bubbled up that this latest Ford Focus RS will be the last. That, however, isn't the most outrageous part of the story - after all, just a couple of years ago there were rumors that the RS badge would disappear on the MkII. And the reasons for the rumor aren't wild, either: the cloudy state of world finances and the pressure of emissions laws means hi-po gas-powered rockets have no place to grow.

The most outrageous part of this rumor comes when it's written that "all the firm's focus will be on economical and eco-friendly vehicles such as hybrids and electric cars." Not some of Ford's attention, but all of Ford's attention. A Ford source apparently bolstered that by saying "it's likely to be the last car of this type you will see from Ford." Not just the last RS, but "the last car of this type."

We hope this is just a sales ploy, some planted hysteria to boost RS sales. Because if it isn't, and Ford really won't be doing any hot little cars, that will mean a far sadder state of affairs than merely the loss of the RS line. Unless, of course, Ford means that the next Focus RS will be 300 hp, 302 lb-ft... and electric?

[Source: Auto blog, iMotor Mag]
Is there still any news if it will be available here???
It won't matter to me if they ditch it unless it will someday be available here.
I was thinking of "boosting" my car (saw a stage 2 FS turbo for $2,500) but would rather save $$$$ and buy an RS!
This looks like the '70s all over again, but this time it's not because of gas shortage, it the pollution/global warming.
if they did modify the car to be more eco friendly if anything yes the typical engine power plant would go, or be more ECO minded, but if anything the engine would be more or less a ECo boost version, if electric dose come back and becomes the main alternative then so be it as GM did make an electric car with very quick pick up in the 0-60MPH mark back in the 90's with he EV-1.
I just saw a Ford Ka on the 401 today. Ontario plates too, female driver, doing 15 below traffic (not the cars fault), but Lord that car is UUUUGGGGLLLLIIIIII. It looks like mound of settled dog poo. Or even a Hershey kiss. and cheap looking.

If that's Ford's new focus, count me out for sure as a future buyer. Soon picking a car will be like voting, choosing the lesser evil ( or eye sore).
j3rt,Mar 2 2009, 09:17 PM Wrote:I just saw a Ford Ka on the 401 today.  Ontario plates too, female driver, doing 15 below traffic (not the cars fault), but Lord that car is UUUUGGGGLLLLIIIIII.  It looks like mound of settled dog poo.  Or even a Hershey kiss.  and cheap looking.

If that's Ford's new focus, count me out for sure as a future buyer.  Soon picking a car will be like voting, choosing the lesser evil ( or eye sore).
[right][snapback]282016[/snapback][/right]

the Ford Ka, is smaller then the Fiesta.
Well, if it makes anyone any more surprised, GM has announced that it is closing down ALL GPD (GM Performance Division) operations in the very near future (perhaps in the next few months), so that means no more new V-Series Caddy's, no new SS Cobalts/HHR's or GXP Pontiacs, etc. GM wants to focus on the same thing as Ford and the others...build Hybrids or Electric powered stuff.

Scary stuff to think that there might not be any GPD, SVT/RS, SRT factory tuned product coming out anymore...