FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: trailer talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well what a hassle this has turned into. It was probably my fault for using NAPA for a hitch source, they were the cheapest locally. I ordered it Tuesday and I don't have one yet. First they ordered the wrong one then the one I got looks like it was used. The bag had been opened had 1 bolt, 2 nuts, 1 washer, and 2 tabs in it. (shakes his head) Now returning it has been a problem. I just want my money back and go else ware. The employee I talked to today just gave me the run around. So back in on Tuesday to argue. He wanted to just give me some bolts and nuts to mount it but is it so wrong to expect a new/complete product when I buy something? If I wanted to piece one together I would have.

That aside I ordered a t-connector from Curt. Some sites say 08 and up, some say 07 and up. So I took the chance from Rackattack, 30 bucks. It was 95 plus taxes to have a Draw-tite center wire it up. Tried it last night and works, same connectors. If any one is interested Part# is 56014. Same one for Corvettes?

The hitch is going on the wagon, for camp supplies, and kayaks.

DRyanC
I like the uhaul hitches, I seemed to always find them cheapest, and princess auto for the wiring kits Smile

If I buy something yeah I do agree it should be new if your paying new prices... i'd go in and demand the money back and just get it elsewhere... You need the right bolts not some hodgepodge of bolts from napa...
start escalating it if the store won't help, manager, regional manager, head office type of thing.
Yeah well we'll see what happens a Tuesday. I wrote a letter to the local paper, about local store practices. Georgetown has a whole "shop local" thing but you know what. The stores might as well be replaced with large vending machines because if it's not on their shelf they have no idea. And if I wanted no customer service then I might as well buy online. As you can tell I've been in a mood about this topic. This town pretty much rolls up it's sidewalks at 5pm and calls it a night.

I've been needing to vent.

DRyanC
For what it is worth, I got the hitch for my 2003 wagon at Canadian Tire. I forget the brand (maybe Reese), but it was a really easy installation. They come on sale quite often.

CTC also provided a custom wiring connector, for around $40. It just plugs in between the female connector on the car and the tail light module. The odd thing is that it says that it only works up to 2003. As far as I knew, the tail lights were the same on the wagons up to 2007.

Anyway, I hope you sort out your problem. Good luck.

Bob
Geez, and I thought this post was about trailer talk. Not trailer wiring and complaining.

Let me know when you guys want to see my new trailer(should be in soon) and you can start the oohs and ahs.