FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Front end conversion!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah I finally have an 00-04 front end. Big Grin

Big thanks to Hardkore for the great price.

Before
[Image: Pre-Install001.jpg]
[Image: Pre-Install002.jpg]

After
[Image: Installed002.jpg]
[Image: Installed003.jpg]
[Image: Installed006.jpg]
[Image: Installed005.jpg]

Next up is...
OEM ZX3 side skirts (already have just need paint)
SVT door moldings
98 Euro upper grill
ST170 grey or In.pro black headlights
Either repaint or vinyl wrap the hood cause of a lot of stone chips and paint flake.
and a euro front bumper most likely an ST170 or just the standard 98 front.

As for the front plate it's because the previous owner liked to rear end a truck with a trailer hitch. Tongue
Looks good, can't wait to see the euro front bumper on.
Thanks me either Big Grin
Can't wait to see your ride with an SAP front end Wink
Me too and hopefully a euro rear too Wink
Good choice on the rear!, if I can find an RS Collection rear I'll sell you my 98 Big Grin
looks great, I've got to say that the first gen front ends just look way better than 2nd gen anyday. Looks like everything worked out Smile
Nice!

I always thought that the 2nd gen front end never quite matched the rest of the car.

Was it easy to do? Does the duratec still fit under the 1st gen hood?
(05-22-2011, 01:25 PM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]looks great, I've got to say that the first gen front ends just look way better than 2nd gen anyday. Looks like everything worked out Smile
Yeah! thanks for the parts, everything worked perfect!
the hardest part was swapping the hood latch lol.
(05-22-2011, 08:45 PM)dBlast Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!

I always thought that the 2nd gen front end never quite matched the rest of the car.

Was it easy to do? Does the duratec still fit under the 1st gen hood?
I've always thought the 05-07 fenders were to square for the hatches, that why I wanted to do the swap.

The hardest part was like I said in Hardkores reply was the hood latch, it was hard to get tools in there to take the bolts out.

It took me about 5 hours by myself in my driveway, I took my time so I didn't forget or loose anything.

There were Duratecs in some 04 cars so there isn't any clearance issues. ;Wink
I think it looks great!!! The plate off to the side looks kinda cool too, I wouldn't change it
vary nice i have thought of doing the same thing if down the road if bought a newer focus.

nice swap
What'd you do with your gfx front end? I was wondering if I would be able to buy the bottom lip part, or trade you for my silver one? I want a black one.
Btw, lovin the look!
(05-22-2011, 10:28 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it looks great!!! The plate off to the side looks kinda cool too, I wouldn't change it
Thanks!
I don't mind how it looks, it's way better than seeing the hole/crack lol.
(05-22-2011, 11:52 PM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]vary nice i have thought of doing the same thing if down the road if bought a newer focus.

nice swap
Thanks! why not just keep your SVT?
(05-23-2011, 12:07 AM)MuskokaZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]What'd you do with your gfx front end? I was wondering if I would be able to buy the bottom lip part, or trade you for my silver one? I want a black one.
Btw, lovin the look!
Sorry man, the bumper and all it's parts is already spoken for.
Looks very good.
Totally changes the look of your car. Nice swap.
(05-23-2011, 12:16 AM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2011, 10:28 PM)SL8RZZX3 Wrote: [ -> ]I think it looks great!!! The plate off to the side looks kinda cool too, I wouldn't change it
Thanks!

If I run a plate on my euro front (finally bought it, just gotta pick it up from my parents!), I'll put it off to the side too. I think it looks way nicer that way

Apparently I'm one of the few who thinks the 05-07 stuff isn't all that bad, but I'm glad with my 00-04 front end. I think the 05-07 hood is nicer tho.
(05-23-2011, 12:34 AM)Oscar The Grouch Wrote: [ -> ]Looks very good.
Thanks, I can't wait to find all the euro pieces now. Big Grin
(05-23-2011, 03:14 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]Totally changes the look of your car. Nice swap.
Thanks man!
(05-23-2011, 04:11 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2011, 12:16 AM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]
Thanks!

If I run a plate on my euro front (finally bought it, just gotta pick it up from my parents!), I'll put it off to the side too. I think it looks way nicer that way

Apparently I'm one of the few who thinks the 05-07 stuff isn't all that bad, but I'm glad with my 00-04 front end. I think the 05-07 hood is nicer tho.

I was trying to find out who was buying Paolo's euro bumper, your lucky man that was a great price!
Very nice!!
That looks great!
way nicer!!!!
(05-23-2011, 12:30 PM)castone Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2011, 04:11 AM)Mystake Wrote: [ -> ]If I run a plate on my euro front (finally bought it, just gotta pick it up from my parents!), I'll put it off to the side too. I think it looks way nicer that way

I was trying to find out who was buying Paolo's euro bumper, your lucky man that was a great price!

Yes, it was a great price indeed... Angel
I can't wait to finally get it on the car and be able to show it off too Big Grin
Pages: 1 2